Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Utah is going to massively underwhelm this year

13»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

@89ute! True??

Poor haie, bullied as a teen and has never gotten over it. Utah will be fine like many have mentioned in this thread.
    Big talk from a marathon runner.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    89ute said:

chuck said:

Utah is always the same team to me. The variance comes down to their offense, specifically the passing game. If they have one and can convert 3rd downs then they're tough. If not then Jake Browning can beat them while running backwards and lobbing easy tosses to the DL.

I expect they'll be a 9 win team.

Should expect a similar performance 2022. Everyone returns from offense except Covey. Plus Kuithe > Covey.
    Why are you comparing a tight end to a slot?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

89ute said:

chuck said:

Utah is always the same team to me. The variance comes down to their offense, specifically the passing game. If they have one and can convert 3rd downs then they're tough. If not then Jake Browning can beat them while running backwards and lobbing easy tosses to the DL.

Should expect a similar performance 2022. Everyone returns from offense except Covey. Plus Kuithe > Covey.
    Poorly made point on my part. Covey is our only real offensive loss. Kuithe would have been a much bigger loss. Both had the option of staying or going.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

89ute said:

chuck said:

We're talking about football positions, right?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    89ute said:

ntxduck said:

89ute said:

chuck said:

Poorly made point on my part. Covey is our only real offensive loss. Kuithe would have been a much bigger loss. Both had the option of staying or going.
    Got it. Overall I’m with you. Utah can run 75% of the time and PA to kuithe all season and go 9-3 at worst.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So Covey retired?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

So Covey retired?

Died
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

So Covey retired?

Died
    The joke that only one immortal can make to another.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2022
    ntxduck said:

89ute said:

chuck said:

If you watched Utah last year they only worked the middle of the field. Kuithie is athletic and can work the same area of the field vs linebackers.

They won games with zero to little plays made by any outside wr’s. Amazing by them but also a testament to how unbelievably shitty the conference is.

They should win the conference but I wouldn’t be surprised if some other shitty team pulled it off. Hot take.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

Yoot always starts out like shit. So Florida wins that one. However, they have all of the pieces to run train on the PAC 12.

Even without an 8th year exception for Covey.

Yoots end up fine because they actually run a real football program. Spoiler alert...you're supposed to get better the more you play
    You’re preachin to the choir.
    chuck said:

They have the best returning QB in the league and that’s not even close. Their defense will be really good by PAC 10 standards. And their kids stayed all Summer long and have never worked harder in Camp.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Yoot always starts out like shit. So Florida wins that one. However, they have all of the pieces to run train on the PAC 12.

Even without an 8th year exception for Covey.

Yoots end up fine because they actually run a real football program. Spoiler alert...you're supposed to get better the more you play
    You’re preachin to the choir.
    chuck said:

They have the best returning QB in the league and that’s not even close. Their defense will be really good by PAC 10 standards. And their kids stayed all Summer long and have never worked harder in Camp.
    The QB is good, but you are exaggerating what he’s done so far.

I think they win the PAC 12.