Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's Turner's Turn to Take Over at Safety and Not Let Go

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,474 Founders Club

I'll bet he looks much better this year than last. I'm not saying Pac-12 POTY, but I'm saying he'll play better and be adequate, because of the coaching change. Just a hunch. He also needs to stop isolating from teammates and become one of the boys.

Honestly, I wish the players made his life fucking miserable for the pussy shit he has done on the field. It's not respectable. It's the number one thing in football. Play with attitude and effort. It's horrible for the whole team when you have a guy doing what he did. I'm mad thinking about it right now.
    Agreed it has been bad. I just have a hunch that someone is going to get through to him.

But I'm also the guy that once made the preseason prediction that Dashon Goldson would be Pac-10 Defensive POTY
    Dashon goldson was actually really good. He was just on a shit team. He was a top level nfl safety for a stretch too. Shame he played during the dark years.
    I know he was good. But I publicly said he would win Pac-10 Defensive POTY
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,474 Founders Club

I'll bet he looks much better this year than last. I'm not saying Pac-12 POTY, but I'm saying he'll play better and be adequate, because of the coaching change. Just a hunch. He also needs to stop isolating from teammates and become one of the boys.

Honestly, I wish the players made his life fucking miserable for the pussy shit he has done on the field. It's not respectable. It's the number one thing in football. Play with attitude and effort. It's horrible for the whole team when you have a guy doing what he did. I'm mad thinking about it right now.
    Agreed it has been bad. I just have a hunch that someone is going to get through to him.

But I'm also the guy that once made the preseason prediction that Dashon Goldson would be Pac-10 Defensive POTY
    Dashon goldson was actually really good. He was just on a shit team. He was a top level nfl safety for a stretch too. Shame he played during the dark years.
    Three of the four members of the secondary were NFL players. Goldson was the only one that actually had a good and lasting career but CJ Wallace and Roy Lewis also played in the league. Roy Lewis actually played five years. He probably gets the pension.
    I had a couple phone conversations with CJ during his senior season, and he was not happy how Willingham would publicly say his team didn't have enough talent. CJ said to me "Just look at our defensive backfield and how good we could be!"
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787

Three of the four members of the secondary were NFL players. Goldson was the only one that actually had a good and lasting career but CJ Wallace and Roy Lewis also played in the league. Roy Lewis actually played five years. He probably gets the pension.
    I had a couple phone conversations with CJ during his senior season, and he was not happy how Willingham would publicly say his team didn't have enough talent. CJ said to me "Just look at our defensive backfield and how good we could be!"
    What make you hold on to this information for so long? Some might say that was part of the problem. I didn’t say you were part of the problem, don’t twist. But some might.
    LawDawg1 said:

What make you hold on to this information for so long? Some might say that was part of the problem. I didn’t say you were part of the problem, don’t twist. But some might.
    You're joking right?

CJ is heavily quoted in my book on Willingham.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787

LawDawg1 said:

You're joking right?

Of course,lol
    LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

You're joking right?

Of course,lol
    You were starting to worry me there
    15 years after the fact....

Derek Johnson: "If you guys only knew the damage Willingham did..."
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

I know he was good. But I publicly said he would win Pac-10 Defensive POTY
    My point was that was not a bad prediction. You were self deprecating but you have no idea how high you can fly.