Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast: Post NFL Draft & Other Musings

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/May12Podcast2.mp3

NFL Draft musings for about 30 minutes, priapism gets a shoutout
UW not in some preseason top 25 rankings
1 minute update on UW Baseball
Comments on latest douchery from Doogman
Mocking KJR's fake mock draft
Petersen, UW, Recruiting, Sark and awkward sexual tension for the last 20 minutes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Holy fuck this sounds pretty fucking long.

Anyways I'll listen.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good podcast as always. Yeah I'm looking at a pre-season 25 from espn (they have uw at 19) and 80%+ of these picks it looks like they just looked at the teams who were good at the end of last year and picked them without seeing who they were actually bringing back. Fuck, they have Baylor at 12 and UNC at 17 so this is just as shitty as the ones you guys brought up.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cliff notes: We are a baseball school. 10 wins or GTFO.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Good podcast as always. Yeah I'm looking at a pre-season 25 from espn (they have uw at 19) and 80%+ of these picks it looks like they just looked at the teams who were good at the end of last year and picked them without seeing who they were actually bringing back. Fuck, they have Baylor at 12 and UNC at 17 so this is just as shitty as the ones you guys brought up.

I've seen Stanford ranked in the top 10. They will be a solid team, but how can a team be top 10 when they lose 4 starting OL, an 1,800 yard rusher, imo the best defensive player in the Pac 12 (Murphy), and a couple other All Conference guys in Skov, Reynolds, and Gardner?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2014
    A unsurprisingly fantastic listen. I think the only reason the DE from Texas went undrafted is because of health concerns. He's torn both his right and left pectoral muscles and had some leg issues as well. IThere must have been a lot of smoke out there because you'd think at least one team would take a flyer on such a talent. In his prime he looked like the 2nd coming of Justin Tuck. I'm sure we'll feed him some Pete-era steroids and he'll be a beast for Paul Allen's team.

I would love for an emergency podcast in the next 48 hours dedicated to the Miles/Stringfellow news while talking about Kim's agenda towards this whole thing. Compare and contrast this to the ASJ handling and looking the other way with Kasen.

Please please please please please.

edit: @ roaddawg, people have been predicting Stanford's fall to Earth since year 1 of Shaw. He's earned the benefit of the doubt by this point imo.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

A unsurprisingly fantastic listen. I think the only reason the DE from Texas went undrafted is because of health concerns. He's torn both his right and left pectoral muscles and had some leg issues as well. IThere must have been a lot of smoke out there because you'd think at least one team would take a flyer on such a talent. In his prime he looked like the 2nd coming of Justin Tuck. I'm sure we'll feed him some Pete-era steroids and he'll be a beast for Paul Allen's team.

I would love for an emergency podcast in the next 48 hours dedicated to the Miles/Stringfellow news while talking about Kim's agenda towards this whole thing. Compare and contrast this to the ASJ handling and looking the other way with Kasen.

Please please please please please.

edit: @ roaddawg, people have been predicting Stanford's fall to Earth since year 1 of Shaw. He's earned the benefit of the doubt by this point imo.
    Thanks Gladstone. Regarding Stanford, I don't think their program is in bad shape at all, and I don't think they are going anywhere. I just don't see how they will be a top 10 team this year. This seems like a rebuilding 8-4, 7-5 type season to me. Their schedule is brutal too. They play USC week 2, @UW, @Notre Dame, @ASU, @ Oregon, and @UCLA. I think they will be lucky to finish in the top 25, and I think UW should be expected to finish higher in the North. This season is a disappointment if we don't.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs