Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Samsung sucks!

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited June 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I've owned my Vizio LCD TV for 9 years, and have N-E-V-E-R had a problem.

I purchased a new Samsung less than 2 years ago and it already died. On top of that, the people at Samsung said: "oooh sorry, you just missed the warranty deadline."

"I'VE OWNED THIS LOUSY THING FOR LESS THAN 2 YEARS! YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO NOTHING?!"

"Sorry, sir."

Never will I purchase another Samsung product. N-E-V-E-R.

Just had to vent.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,203 Founders Club
    I am interested to see what board people recommend you take this to. Certainly not the O-Line Board.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,313 Founders Club
    I'm posting on a Samsung phone. Great product. You need to dig a little deeper and stop being silly. Its time to move on. If you just want to beat your chest you won't last long here
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club
    Passion said:

I purchased a new Samsung less than 2 years ago and it already died. On top of that, the people at Samsung said: "oooh sorry, you just missed the warranty deadline."

"I'VE OWNED THIS LOUSY THING FOR LESS THAN 2 YEARS! YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO NOTHING?!"

"Sorry, sir."

Just had to vent.

If you bought it with a credit card, you may have an extended warranty. Some companies tack on an additional year of coverage. It's worth checking.

If that isn't an option, the problem may be relatively cheap to fix. Samsung has had issues with capacitors blowing. Service call and parts is likely less than $200.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,203 Founders Club
    I wonder what brand Passion is considering as of today.
    edited June 2013
    You guys have no idea of the damage Hirohito did. Samsung wasn't hired to make good TVs they were hired to clean up the mess. They've done a good job to this point. If they don't start making good TVs this year the seat will get warmer
    The idea that we accept mediocre TVs is just a hammer used by those who refuse to dig deeper
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I am interested to see what board people recommend you take this to. Certainly not the O-Line Board.

I would recommend the General Board
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I need to check with my HDTV guy and get back to you.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2013
    Passion had stability with the Vizio, but he got greedy. I'm not surprised the Samsung was terrible. I predicted it all along even though I never said anything.

Passion had stability with the Vizio, but he got greedy. I'm not surprised the Samsung was terrible. I predicted it all along even though I never said anything.

I told you Samsung would implode
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,308 Swaye's Wigwam
    White People Problems!!!
    Passion said:

"Sorry, sir."

Just had to vent.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I told you Samsung would implode
    I thought that was just what you were hearing. You said Samsung could implode if their tv's stop working.

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

You guys have no idea of the damage Hirohito did. Samsung wasn't hired to make good TVs they were hired to clean up the mess. They've done a good job to this point. If they don't start making good TVs this year the seat will get warmer

This. Apparently you never heard the phrase "remember Pearl Harbor".
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    I like the Samsung product, though I bought my 4 years ago when they still at least made a decent TV.

"Samsung is one of the most respected TVs in the coaching profession."
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I wonder what brand Passion is considering as of today.

Do they make TVs in Africa?
    As it turns out Samsung is Korean. Scratch the Japanese reference. Sounds like a dog of a TV
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325