Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peihopa Will Determine Whether New Staff Has Fixed Interior D-Line

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,801

I like Peihopa because he was the ONLY guy who wanted to fight with Oregon after the game.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,061 Founders Club
    Thanks Lawdawg!
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bandes was a huge get a few years ago and he's behind Ale on the depth chart? If true that's depressing for him

I like Peihopa because he was the ONLY guy who wanted to fight with Oregon after the game.

Thanks Lawdawg!

Saw you were slipping so had to fill the void.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,365 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Bandes was a huge get a few years ago and he's behind Ale on the depth chart? If true that's depressing for him

Got what like 5-6 hyped up mid-high-four-star DTs and Tunnuufi was probably better than all of them that were still around by the end of last season. One of the biggest recruiting disappointments in program history. Same could be said for all the hyped up OL recruits Huff signed.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Got what like 5-6 hyped up mid-high-four-star DTs and Tunnuufi was probably better than all of them that were still around by the end of last season. One of the biggest recruiting disappointments in program history. Same could be said for all the hyped up OL recruits Huff signed.
    Yep. The two classes that included Tuli, Taimani, Bandes, Draco Bynum, Paama, Ngalu, and the Hawaian guy who's always hurt turned out to be a huge load of crap. Voi and Peihopa were both middling 3-stars and appear to be on a better track, but who knows.
    Tuitele?

Class also had Laiatu Latu who seemed good but will never produce for us given that our doctors refused to clear him to play.

Will be chinteresting to see what happens with a new coaching staff, new S&C coach, and new defensive scheme. Can't be any worse than we saw since Gaines left.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah with the last coaching staff it's tough to know if any of those guys still have potential. Tuitele seemed like a beast in flashes
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,365 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tuitele has been in the program for three full years and flashed just a few times last year and that's really it. Latu played as a true freshman but I don't remember him doing a single thing.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

Tuitele has been in the program for three full years and flashed just a few times last year and that's really it. Latu played as a true freshman but I don't remember him doing a single thing.

Latu made a big play in his first game, the Eason big dick game vs Eastern. I think he had a tackle for a safety, or maybe he just disrupted and caused the safety.

Both guys were talented. Latu got fucked by injury/medical staff decisions. It's hard to say with Tuitele. Maybe it was the decision not to address his old injury. Maybe Lake and staff really let development fall off a cliff. Maybe he's still going to show up.

Nobody still on the roster should be ruled out yet. Several guys turned their careers around when Petersen took over with Sark's players. Some guys who have languished due to getting stuck with Lake for years 2-3 in the program woll probably have revivals.
    It's hard to predict which individuals, but I'd lean toward guys with high end physical talent like him
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Latu had a sack against Cal as well. He was going to be good. Kwat was raving about him before he got hurt sometime in 2020.

Tuitele has been kind of a tweener. He was maxed out before he arrived at UW. That doesn’t mean he can’t be good, but he’s not getting markedly better physically.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

Latu had a sack against Cal as well. He was going to be good. Kwat was raving about him before he got hurt sometime in 2020.

Tuitele has been kind of a tweener. He was maxed out before he arrived at UW. That doesn’t mean he can’t be good, but he’s not getting markedly better physically.

He was never going to be a great block eating run stuffer. He's a tweener like you said, in terms of size and shape, but is exceptionally quick for his size. I think he'd have a better chance of succeeding as a hand down DE at around 290lbs than inside.

The DL was in complete disarray the last two seasons. Maybe the players have just been that bad, but I don't believe that. A combination of incorrect usage/positioning and just plain bad coaching played a role, probably a large one.