Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac-12 Football: A Five-Step Plan to Save the Conference After the Loss of USC and UCLA

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

Just my 0.02, but I don't think PAC football can be saved without USC and UCLA. This is a lot like the Big12 losing Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC. The BIG generates real $$$ and has a real football culture with at least a few stadiums (Michigan, tOSU, and PSU) that rival those in the SEC. Geographically and culturally USC and UCLA are out of place in the BIG, but they fit in terms of potential TV markets and stadium size, and they bring a natural rivalry with them that will matter when those two take football seriously. The BIG's gain is in my opinion a fatal loss for the PAC.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    From Ohio State to Rutgers who joined in 2014. These stadiums are packed, each and every conference game is exciting, game experience is exciting, tv coverage is there. The PAC 12 is dead, there’s no saving it

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,737

Just my 0.02, but I don't think PAC football can be saved without USC and UCLA. This is a lot like the Big12 losing Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC. The BIG generates real $$$ and has a real football culture with at least a few stadiums (Michigan, tOSU, and PSU) that rival those in the SEC. Geographically and culturally USC and UCLA are out of place in the BIG, but they fit in terms of potential TV markets and stadium size, and they bring a natural rivalry with them that will matter when those two take football seriously. The BIG's gain is in my opinion a fatal loss for the PAC.

This is true.

Also he needs 12 steps for a proper plan
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,801

Once the novelty wears off in 1-2 years, SC and UCLA will be back to huge empty stadiums. HTH.