Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Four In-Person Rose Bowls

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I saw the following in-person. Now that the Rose Bowl is going to become even more of a relic, I thought it might make for an interesting thread.

1991 Washington 46, Iowa 34
Random memory: Watching Prince's Under the Cherry Moon in the hotel room. The movie was in black and white and I don't even remember what it was about.

1992 Washington 34, Michigan 14
Random memory: Getting up early the next morning and going to the Continental breakfast to watch ESPN and see if UW won the National Chamionship.

1993 Michigan 38, Washington 31
Random memory: Watching Tyrone Wheatley run 88 yards for a touchdown, and one of my dad's frat brothers lamenting that the Husky D got outran by a "slow lard-ass Michigan running back"... And I was quick to point out Wheatley was a champion in the 110m high hurdles.

2001 Washington 34, Purdue 24
Random memory: Trying to get into the stadium before the game. All the Purdue fans were coming from their tailgates to get to the their side of the stadium, while UW fans were coming from the opposite direction to get to their seats, and it ended up being an epic logjam outside the stadium.

Comments