Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Any developments that hasten the time when the sport becomes fully professionalized creates...

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,120 Founders Club
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    No, Art just hates college sports and UW and is using the opportunity to act like he is winning.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,737

No, Art just hates college sports and UW and is using the opportunity to act like he is winning.

I would normally agree since old Art is cynical about big time college football. But there's a limit. It's pro now, essentially. USC/UCLA leaving a conference they've been in for 100 years.... go too far, fall of edge of the flat world.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    He thinks “fully professionalized” means it remains affiliated with colleges? Get the schools out of it and I’m all for it. Fully professionalized means players won’t have to pretend to go to school.

I’m all for it. Get the schools out if it and the players are free to negotiate their salary based on their talents.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited July 2022

He thinks “fully professionalized” means it remains affiliated with colleges? Get the schools out of it and I’m all for it. Fully professionalized means players won’t have to pretend to go to school.

I’m all for it. Get the schools out if it and the players are free to negotiate their salary based on their talents.

I loved those Pierce County Bengals vs Spokane Golden Hawks matchups as much as anyone in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

But Semi pro football players don’t get paid.