Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Tormey named head coach at 1A South Whidbey High School

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Proves Babs really fucked up.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Beautiful location. Maybe he just is in retirement mode.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Jeez. At least coach at Oak Harbor or Kamiakin (w/e the fuck that school is called).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They would be so much better off hiring a young, hungry coach. You know Tormey will mail it in. How could he not?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Chris Tormey is another Doog legend who owes everything to Don James.
  • Options

Back in 2007 when I interviewed Tim Meamber for a Dawgman.com article, Meamber broke down in detail how our linebackers were clueless in defending the run against Ohio State. The article caused an uproar, and Dick Baird publicly scolded Tim on the Honks Show for speaking out.

Tormey was the UW linebackers coach at that time. Two days after the article came out, Meamber went over to the UW. Tormey was watching film with the linebackers, and when Meamber stuck his head in the doorway, Tormey began loudly mocking and berating Meamber. That's how it went down based on what Tim told me.

I remember that when it went down. Of course the Tybots all shit on Meamber and defended Ty. That's how Doogs roll they put their loyalties to a shitty head coach over a Husky great every fucking time.

Meamber is a great example on why more players don't speak out against the current coach because they are in fear they'll be osterized from the Husky family.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Back in 2007 when I interviewed Tim Meamber for a Dawgman.com article, Meamber broke down in detail how our linebackers were clueless in defending the run against Ohio State. The article caused an uproar, and Dick Baird publicly scolded Tim on the Honks Show for speaking out.

Tormey was the UW linebackers coach at that time. Two days after the article came out, Meamber went over to the UW. Tormey was watching film with the linebackers, and when Meamber stuck his head in the doorway, Tormey began loudly mocking and berating Meamber. That's how it went down based on what Tim told me.

C'mon. Tormey had a family to feed!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Was that the "watch the pulling guards" article? I remember that
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,994
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    brchco12 said:

Was that the "watch the pulling guards" article? I remember that
    Exactly.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    wait til he get his guys in there
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember the Meamber article. It didn't click until now that Derek wrote it. It got pretty personal with posters (and maybe even the honks, Kim, etc) using Meamber's personal problems to discredit his opinion.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I met Tormey and Ty at a practice when a buddy of mine was being recruited. He was a nice guy, but seemed kind of like a putz and didn't know any of the recruit's names, including one who had an offer. My friend had a couple offers from other schools, and said the coaches at WSU and Oregon knew all about him when he visited there. Tormey was the recruiting coordinator too. I don't know if he was ever that good of a coach, but I think he gave up after getting fired at Nevada.

Ty was a pretentious douchebag who practically scolded my buddy for saying it was a good practice. Ty said something to the extent that there is no such thing as a good practice because if the offense is doing good, the defense is doing bad. I'm thankful we have a real coach.
  • Options
    Tormey does have quite the coaching tree having coached under Ty and WULFF! So anytime you can hire a guy who is closely connected to Ty and WULFF! you gotta do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Tormey
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,994
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I remember the Meamber article. It didn't click until now that Derek wrote it. It got pretty personal with posters (and maybe even the honks, Kim, etc) using Meamber's personal problems to discredit his opinion.

It was more than that.... About one week after my article came out, Art Thiel of the P-I came out with a long article detailing how Tim Meamber was a recovering addict who had been homeless. It was an effort to totally destroy his credibility. It was also the point where Dawgman really clamped down on censoring my articles for criticism of the athletic department and Willingham.

Tim also said that Art Thiel told him that he had to learn that he can't just come out and say things like that without suffering consequences.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I remember that when it went down. Of course the Tybots all shit on Meamber and defended Ty. That's how Doogs roll they put their loyalties to a shitty head coach over a Husky great every fucking time.

Meamber is a great example on why more players don't speak out against the current coach because they are in fear they'll be osterized from the Husky family.
    I recall it, as well.

At that time, Meamber was being marginalized as a "raysiss" for his outspoken points of view. You may want to punt this one.

You sure about your side of the fence back then?

As I recall, it's not much different than your current problems with Hugh.

Just sayin. . . .
  • Options
    CaptainPJ said:

I recall it, as well.

At that time, Meamber was being marginalized as a "raysiss" for his outspoken points of view. You may want to punt this one.

You sure about your side of the fence back then?

As I recall, it's not much different than your current problems with Hugh.

Just sayin. . . .
    Pressing terribly.

Also I have no issues with Hugh. Just trolling but you are too stupid to realize that.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Tormey does have quite the coaching tree having coached under Ty and WULFF! So anytime you can hire a guy who is closely connected to Ty and WULFF! you gotta do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Tormey

Wow.

I remember Ed Troxel, he coached at Kennewick when I was in High School.

Those were some good fucking teams.

Now kids, back in the early 80's when Wenatchee, coached by Lee Bofto, met Kennewick ... it was standing room only.

Bofto retired in 1984 after a playoff loss to Snohomish. Wenatchee then went to shit.

• Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It was more than that.... About one week after my article came out, Art Thiel of the P-I came out with a long article detailing how Tim Meamber was a recovering addict who had been homeless. It was an effort to totally destroy his credibility. It was also the point where Dawgman really clamped down on censoring my articles for criticism of the athletic department and Willingham.

Tim also said that Art Thiel told him that he had to learn that he can't just come out and say things like that without suffering consequences.
    Sounds like your articles were having an adverse affect on getting interviews
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    He's got his 3 highest paid salary years in the books. Boosting his years of service will turbocharge his retirement.