Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

California has a solution to inflation

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's never about fixing the root of the problem with DIMS. There's no problem that they think can't be solved by throwing money at it. Yet, history says over and over that this never works. It's called insanity.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

It's never about fixing the root of the problem with DIMS. There's no problem that they think can't be solved by throwing money at it. Yet, history says over and over that this never works. It's called insanity.

Except this is worse. Doing more of what caused the issue in the first place
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    That's AWESOME that Newsom is letting families barely surving be able to fill up their gas tanks twice.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Paying for votes. The seals will clap.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Paying for votes. The seals will clap.

@CLS
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    California can do whatever it wants.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm hearing blue states (literally the states and not individuals) pay more into the federal government than they receive. So it's all good.

That's the dumbest misconception I constantly see lol

I think people literally think like the state gov of California pays the federal government.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,768
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm hearing blue states (literally the states and not individuals) pay more into the federal government than they receive. So it's all good.

I think people literally think like the state gov of California pays the federal government.

Yeah agreed. Same thing happens here in Washington. Western Washington sets the budget, of course Eastern Washington wants their share once the spend is locked and it’s tax payers are on the hook. But who says they wanted the total spend to begin and wouldn’t be better off with the share of a smaller pie to go with less taxes for the people?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Bob_C said:

Yeah agreed. Same thing happens here in Washington. Western Washington sets the budget, of course Eastern Washington wants their share once the spend is locked and it’s tax payers are on the hook. But who says they wanted the total spend to begin and wouldn’t be better off with the share of a smaller pie to go with less taxes for the people?
    Well it's very true that a majority of taxes on individuals come from blue areas due to their higher cost of living and therefore higher salaries.

It's just weird that they make it sound like they pay into the state and like the state gives the fed money. Like that makes no sense lol
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    They have learned absolutely zero from the national lesson of inflation and deficit spending. I am continually amazed at how fiscally irresponsible rats are. Its like all they elect are unqualified legislators who never took basic math and never knew there was a class called economics 101.

https://usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html