Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

“personal prayer”

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,107
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited June 2022 in Tug Tavern
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/the-myth-at-the-heart-of-the-praying-bremerton-coach-case/?utm_source=marketingcloud&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TSA_062922151235+The+myth+of+the+praying+Bremerton+coach+case+Westneat_6_29_2022&utm_term=Registered User

So to get around this problem, Kennedy, his lawyers and, ultimately, six U.S. Supreme Court justices made up an alternate storyline.

In this new telling, students were nowhere around and had nothing to do with Kennedy’s praying. He was a lone and silent sentinel, joined only by his convictions. As Justice Neil Gorsuch preposterously wrote, “He offered his prayers quietly while his students were otherwise occupied.”

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You lost.

Like always.

Give it a rest.

The Seattle Times isn't a trusted news source.

It's a left-wing Godless propaganda rag for shit humans like you.

HTH.

And take your GD meds today, would ya.
  • Options
    Pray for cheap gas, kids.

#Pharisees
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Pray for cheap gas, kids.

#Pharisees

You lost.

You should go scream at the sky.

Maybe you'll be given a sign.

Or struck by lightening.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

You lost.

Like always.

Give it a rest.

HTH.

so nothing
  • Options

Dazzler likes talking about his losses for years. Except for this one of course. Imagine voting for Joey Biden and shitpoasting here on a daily basis.
  • Options
    PDX is pretty sure he’s winning something.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

With the congressional midterm elections approaching, a new polling memo from the Republican State Leadership Committee shows that inflation and crime are much more important to voters than the issue of abortion.

When asked what issues they considered most important, 37% of likely voters said the high cost of living and inflation; 16% said the economy in general. Crime and violence were the most important to 9%, while just 8% of voters said abortion was the most important issue to them.

"This data is another reminder that what you see on Twitter and in the press doesn't necessarily capture reality when it comes to voter behavior," the polling memo read. "A little more than four months from Election Day, the political environment is still a disaster for state Democrats, state Republicans have a commanding lead on what is far and away the most important issue to voters, and the issues state Democrats are trying to exploit to distract from Biden’s failing economy are not going to be salient enough to save them come November."

Not celebrating the diversity and inclusion of prayer on a football field didn't make the list
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    edited June 2022
    HHusky said:

So cheap gas is a joke and making fun of retards

Great start to the morning for the leftist loon

I see a picture of a proud special needs athlete

Posted by a retard leftist loon.

• Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,561
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Great flex on the mentally disabled Lionel. You can be as proud of this as anything else you've ever posted.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

You lost.

Like always.

Give it a rest.

HTH.

so nothing
    So the coach yelled, Gather Up or you are running laps tomorrow? I missed that part. Your track record on the actual facts is not good. Not good defined as never right. I'm still trying to figure out the religion the coach established and where the Church was. I'm surprised the dissent didn't point that out.

For an example of a religious establishment at the time of the First Amendment, we could look to England in 1789. It was clear in 1789 that the states could have an official government religion, just not the federal government. Now through the miracle of the 14th amendment, states may not establish a religion. In no sane world does a coach praying after a game constitute an establishment of religion. It clearly is a free exercise of religion.

Of course, no student was pressured to walk out of school in support of the leftard heroes St. George and BLM. Now that is better example of a state establishment of official religious doctrine.

=========
    Church of England Facts
    The British monarch is considered the supreme governor of the Church. Among other privileges, he or she has the authority to approve the appointment of archbishops and other church leaders.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,561
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Lionel shows again his sports acumen is beyond reproach. Love this nugget from the opinion piece:

Here’s how a former player at Bremerton High School described that homecoming game in a brief to the court:

“To this day, I don’t remember who we played or if we even won. … All I remember is the aftermath of that game” in which there were “over 500 people storm[ing] the football field … from both sides, hopping the fences and rushing to the field to be close to Kennedy before he started his prayer.”

How many high school players get the chance to have 500 fans run onto the field and celebrate after a game? Hopping the fence along the way?

Zero- Guess why. It's against state rules for spectators to be on the field immediately following the game. Security of players and officials Trumps the need to go hug your kid or pray with a coach you don't know. Honestly Lionel- are you so starved for a win that you latch on to any op ed piece that feeds into your prejudice? (Rhetorical question because we all know you do). It's announced before the game as standard procedure and then again in the final minutes as a reminder. But then again, I only have hundreds of games to draw on to form my opinion.

On another note- what great contributing player can't remember who they played or if they won in a situation where the field was swarmed? Sounds like it happened every game? Oh wait- I covered that point earlier.

Off to your next windmill Senor Quixote-

• Options
    edited June 2022

HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

You lost.

Like always.

Give it a rest.

HTH.

so nothing
    So the coach yelled, Gather Up or you are running laps tomorrow?
    What goalpoasts? I don't see any goalpoasts.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

You lost.

Like always.

Give it a rest.

HTH.

so nothing
    So the coach yelled, Gather Up or you are running laps tomorrow?
    What goalpoasts? I don't see any goalpoasts.
    Not me arguing that the coach was establishing a religion. That's your goal post, Mr. Hands Up, Don't Shoot.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Hey Dazzler, the only way you could top this grotesque "own" would be to call another poaster's mother a whore. But you'd never do that, right?
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

Hey Dazzler, the only way you could top this grotesque "own" would be to call another poaster's mother a whore. But you'd never do that, right?
    You are ungrateful, PDX.

Didn't I always tell your mom to keep the change?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

You are ungrateful, PDX.

Didn't I always tell your mom to keep the change?
    This is the Dazzler folks.

This is what a shit human being looks like.

When he's getting his ass handed to him, like from me, he meltsdown and poasts this kind of vile.

I'm not PDX Dazzler but you know that.

Now, continue on being what you've always been on every bored you've ever soiled.

A pathological liar and really shitty person.