Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A friend of mine felt sick and tested positive for Covid

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

Goduckies said:

46XiJCAB said:

Good to know that 5K people die each year because "hypochondriac" disorder got them. Someone should have told Rashidi Wheeler that it was all in his head when he dropped dead on the Northwestern practice field. Shake it off kid.

I was at a dance in 6th grade, had an attack and didn't have my medication with me, wanted to be cool lol.... well I turned blue and had to be rushed to the hospital... but yeah I faked it. Kept my Aero Chamber and Albuterol in my pocket 247 since then.
    Popping a boner and getting blue balls is no reason for hospitalization.

A stiffy is new to a 6th grader but your PE teacher should have talked you through it.

Shut It lol was blue in the face as I couldn't breathe jackass
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

Goduckies said:

46XiJCAB said:

Good to know that 5K people die each year because "hypochondriac" disorder got them. Someone should have told Rashidi Wheeler that it was all in his head when he dropped dead on the Northwestern practice field. Shake it off kid.

I was at a dance in 6th grade, had an attack and didn't have my medication with me, wanted to be cool lol.... well I turned blue and had to be rushed to the hospital... but yeah I faked it. Kept my Aero Chamber and Albuterol in my pocket 247 since then.
    Popping a boner and getting blue balls is no reason for hospitalization.

A stiffy is new to a 6th grader but your PE teacher should have talked you through it.

Shut It lol was blue in the face as I couldn't breathe jackass

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Goduckies said:

Bob_C said:

Asthma is a borderline hypochondriac disorder.

Uh no, I have had it since I was 2 months old... I've been in the hospital many times for it luckily not admitted, but they have better medication that works well. When I have a cold it can flare up really bad. I love playing hockey because I can bust arse for a min and take a break and stop wheezing and when doing a 5k I have to ralk... run and walk to catch my breath. F u for saying its fake... I hope you have it one day you can't breathe and then you will realize how wrong you are.... it isn't fun and definitely not fake.
    Have you considered losing weight and getting fit?

I don’t think it’s fake, but it does tend to hit fat fucks with Asperger’s.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Goduckies said:

Bob_C said:

Uh no, I have had it since I was 2 months old... I've been in the hospital many times for it luckily not admitted, but they have better medication that works well. When I have a cold it can flare up really bad. I love playing hockey because I can bust arse for a min and take a break and stop wheezing and when doing a 5k I have to ralk... run and walk to catch my breath. F u for saying its fake... I hope you have it one day you can't breathe and then you will realize how wrong you are.... it isn't fun and definitely not fake.

Citation?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

Goduckies said:

Bob_C said:

Citation?
    Goduckies is a living citation.

But still

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/asthma-common-among-children-with-autism-developmental-disabilities/

https://www.everydayhealth.com/asthma/obesity-connection.aspx
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

I learned something very interesting during my COVID experience.
    Tested positive at UC after 3-days of troubled breathing.
    My doc put me on anti-viral as I qualified under guidelines.
    Finished the 5 day anti-viral course and felt good.
    Then a day later 02 sats back down and the hack back.
    Doc wanted to make sure no pneumonia so ordered x-rays. Negative.
    Apparently after the anti-viral course you can develop rebound COVID
    The virus decides to have one last "party" as it's getting close to closing time.
    You're also considered at day one of quarantine once they determine rebound.
    Now on day 5 of second quarantine and day 14 since first sign of symptoms.

So should I have opted for the anti-viral course and the potential for rebound, never told of this possibility, or should I have just rode it out and been out of this a week ago. I guess I'll never know it the anti-viral helped or not. Doc thinks it did.

Which antiviral?

Pfizer

I'd sit the Dr down and force them to watch this.

Also, paxlovid is causing a rebound effect in patients where they get covid again two weeks later. Good tims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufy2AweXRkc

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2022
    pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

I learned something very interesting during my COVID experience.
    Tested positive at UC after 3-days of troubled breathing.
    My doc put me on anti-viral as I qualified under guidelines.
    Finished the 5 day anti-viral course and felt good.
    Then a day later 02 sats back down and the hack back.
    Doc wanted to make sure no pneumonia so ordered x-rays. Negative.
    Apparently after the anti-viral course you can develop rebound COVID
    The virus decides to have one last "party" as it's getting close to closing time.
    You're also considered at day one of quarantine once they determine rebound.
    Now on day 5 of second quarantine and day 14 since first sign of symptoms.

So should I have opted for the anti-viral course and the potential for rebound, never told of this possibility, or should I have just rode it out and been out of this a week ago. I guess I'll never know it the anti-viral helped or not. Doc thinks it did.

Which antiviral?

Pfizer

I'd sit the Dr down and force them to watch this.

Also, paxlovid is causing a rebound effect in patients where they get covid again two weeks later. Good tims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufy2AweXRkc

To be fair regarding rebound cases: https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/study-finds-few-covid-19-patients-get-rebound-symptoms-after-paxlovid-treatment/
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Are we still acknowledging that virus?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    edited June 2022
    Kaepsknee said:

Are we still acknowledging that virus?

Only in its third trimester.

And then only in the states that are in favor of death.

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2022

Goduckies said:

Bob_C said:

F off dude... I've had it since I was 2 months old. I was skin and bones until the 8th grade when I took prednisone for my asthma... has zero to do with my size... but yeah you got to bash me you sick creepy old dirty bastard.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Goduckies said:

Goduckies said:

Bob_C said:

F off dude... I've had it since I was 2 months old. I was skin and bones until the 8th grade when I took prednisone for my asthma... has zero to do with my size... but yeah you got to bash me you sick creepy old dirty bastard.
    Lose the weight tubby. It will do wonders for your asthma. Nothing you can do about your Asperger’s though. So you won’t ever be completely asthma free.