Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hawks second pick: 6-5-7/8, 325

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited May 2014 in NFL Talk
Now we're talkin'

Justin Britt - OT, Missouri.

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    That Moses guy picked right after Britt looked like an NFL starter. Britt looks like a kid in comparison.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know nothing about Britt, but I liked watching Missouri's OL. A bunch of big, mean white dudes with beards. They passed the look test and obviously were a good college OL too.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Once again, Pete and Schneider leave the 'experts' scratching their heads. Obviously I don't know shit about this kid so we'll see in a couple years. Mayock didn't knock the pick, but said he had him going in the 5th round. If that's true why didn't they draft him in the 4th instead of the 2nd? Can't argue with their record so we'll see.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    After losing all that beef in the offseason we trade down and pick a skinny WR.

Then we pick an OL that was projected to be a 6th rounder.

I love Schneider...just hope this isn't the year that his own unique formula doesn't bite him in the ass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    priapism said:

That Moses guy picked right after Britt looked like an NFL starter. Britt looks like a kid in comparison.

I like the guy from North Dakota State too. 56 starts, won 3 FCS championships. Dad and brother played in the NFL too.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No one knows shit about any linemen that arent the for sure guys in the top 15. The only reason people know about them is because ESPN drills their names into your head for the build up to the draft.

No one analyzes linemen during a game unless they play for the team you root for. If you do you might need to DIAFF.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Passion said:

I love Schneider...just hope this isn't the year that his own unique formula doesn't bite him in the ass.

You go from liking the pick simply because of position to not liking it because proven idiot "experts" don't like it. Die in a fire. K thanks bye.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Apparently he dominated clowney at LT last season. I wanted them to go OT and WR and they did. Whether they made the right ones, we'll see
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion probably hated the Russell Wilson pick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Is Passion capable of hating the Wilson pick? I mean I think it's required that all guilty white liberals loved the pick.
  • Options

Well the revisionist history that's been done on that one is ridiculous. Most Seahawk fans hated the Russell Wilson pick. PM AllRussellAllWilson for details.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well the revisionist history that's been done on that one is ridiculous. Most Seahawk fans hated the Russell Wilson pick. PM AllRussellAllWilson for details.
    I didn't really care one way or another about picking Wilson. I was surprised when Carroll said right after OTA's that he would compete for the starting job. Then after watching preseason, I was glad when he was named the starter and wasn't really worried when he struggled a little bit.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Desean Jackson wanted me to tell you to go fuck yourself.
  • Options

Ehh I think you are doing a little revisionist history yourself. I don't recall too many local Seahawks fans hating the pick.

I remember them not liking him as the starting QB from game one.

It looks like you need to learn the difference.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I didn't mind the pick, I also didn't mind him starting week 1, he earned it.
    I will admit though after the St Louis game I was getting impatient though.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Is Passion capable of hating the Wilson pick? I mean I think it's required that all guilty white liberals loved the pick.
    fixed.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2014
    The experts call it a reach but who cares in the end if the guy is good. We only lost Giacomini, who was a practice squad player in Green Bay before coming to Seattle. Cable likes to work with undrafted FA, late round prospects, guys nobody wants. Except for Okung, who was an elite prospect, the two other high picks OL (Moffitt, Carpenter) were busts. I'll trust Cable here.
  • Options

Ehh I think you are doing a little revisionist history yourself. I don't recall too many local Seahawks fans hating the pick.

I remember them not liking him as the starting QB from game one.

It looks like you need to learn the difference.
    Semantics.
  • Options
    Can you say awkward? How many Hooks will hate this pick now? Bet Hooks.net is freaking out.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    #pencilarms

Can you say awkward? How many Hooks will hate this pick now? Bet Hooks.net is freaking out.