Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

40 billion dollar rat hole

2»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:
    Appeasement? Is that what we are cheering here?

I 100% believe that Ukraine is a corrupt rat hole.

Putin is also a fascist who will take what we allow him to.

Let Ukraine take all of our soon to expire munitions or obsolete equipment we'd have to pay to dispose of anyways and bleed every Russian fascist they can with it. It's what it was built for anyways.

Better that than an invasion of the Baltics and WW3 starting bc a bunch of geriatric megalomaniacs are on their last boot anyways and don't care if half of the rest of us die in nuclear holocaust.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Let Ukraine take all of our Europe's soon to expire munitions or obsolete equipment we'd have to pay to dispose of anyways and bleed every Russian fascist they can with it. It's what it was built for anyways.

Better that than an invasion of the Baltics and WW3 starting bc a bunch of geriatric megalomaniacs are on their last boot anyways and don't care if half of the rest of us die in nuclear holocaust.
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Let Ukraine take all of our Europe's soon to expire munitions or obsolete equipment we'd have to pay to dispose of anyways and bleed every Russian fascist they can with it. It's what it was built for anyways.

Same same, take all of Nato's cold War era equipment and let the US sell to Nato.

The only way this could be more of a win for US geopolitical strategy is if China decided to retake parts of Russia they lost in WW2 and those two bled each other out.
    Standard Supporter
    What happens if Putin gets tired of bleeding out and says in exchange for arming Ukrainians and killing Russians, they are going to use tactical nukes to end this? barry already conceded the Crimea and the Euros did nothing but lobby for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline and continue to import more Russian oil and gas. Phuck them. The Euros have 10 times the economy of Russia with a lot more people. Why is this our job? If we won't defend our border, I have no interest in defending the Ukraine border.

SFGbob said:

Same same, take all of Nato's cold War era equipment and let the US sell to Nato.

The only way this could be more of a win for US geopolitical strategy is if China decided to retake parts of Russia they lost in WW2 and those two bled each other out.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

What happens if Putin gets tired of bleeding out and says in exchange for arming Ukrainians and killing Russians, they are going to use tactical nukes to end this? barry already conceded the Crimea and the Euros did nothing but lobby for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline and continue to import more Russian oil and gas. Phuck them. The Euros have 10 times the economy of Russia with a lot more people. Why is this our job? If we won't defend our border, I have no interest in defending the Ukraine border.

SFGbob said:

Use the quote function properly. It's hard.

What happens if Putin decides he's going to Nuke us if we defend Latvia?

Better tip toe around the Chicoms while we are at it.

I thought we wanted peace through projecting strength like under Trump.

Reagan ended the cold War by arming the Taliban and telling the Russians to eat a dick and try to outspend us.

I haven't changed.
    Standard Supporter
    Checked with Stalin and apparently we can use the quote function any way we want. Thanks for the advice. The problem is that we don't have Reagan or Trump as President. The biggest hold we had over Putin was oil priced under $50 a barrel. We gave that up and more than doubled Putin's revenue stream. Wasn't me that said give the Russians and the chicoms the Olympic games. Let the Euros pay for their phuck up. After their experience in the Ukraine, Russia isn't going anywhere else. Right now it's our border that needs protecting. That's my priority.

As for the chicoms, I was all for the Trump tariffs which Biden and the dems and RINOs were all upset about. I'd double down on them after having the chicoms unload their virus on us.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Checked with Stalin and apparently we can use the quote function any way we want. Thanks for the advice. The problem is that we don't have Reagan or Trump as President. The biggest hold we had over Putin was oil priced under $50 a barrel. We gave that up and more than doubled Putin's revenue stream. Wasn't me that said give the Russians and the chicoms the Olympic games. Let the Euros pay for their phuck up. After their experience in the Ukraine, Russia isn't going anywhere else. Right now it's our border that needs protecting. That's my priority.

As for the chicoms, I was all for the Trump tariffs which Biden and the dems and RINOs were all upset about. I'd double down on them after having the chicoms unload their virus on us.

It's up to you if you want to keep looking like a retard.

The biggest hold we had against nuclear Armageddon was oil at $50? I thought it was our nuclear arsenal and mutually assured destruction but OK!

Our border and Ukraine aren't binary issues. I haven't changed on that issue either.

The point of bringing up the chicoms was that Appeasement is a shitty strategy when dealing with authoritarians but whoosh I suppose.
    Standard Supporter
    Ok, other than mutually assured destruction, are main weapon was cheap oil and getting the euros out of Russia energy dependency. And while the border protection can be binary it isn't right now. So, we have US politicians feeling the political freedom to ignore our border and make the Ukraine border a priority. Now that is retarded. As some one once said, The people prefer the strong horse. We had one in Trump. Now we don't. Appeasement never works. But, we can't afford any longer to be the world's policeman. If Ukraine and European independence from Russia is a European priority, then let them handle it. They have the resources. Being the world's patsy doesn't appeal to me. The US border and the chicoms are much bigger US problems than Russians taking eastern Ukraine.

It's up to you if you want to keep looking like a retard.

The biggest hold we had against nuclear Armageddon was oil at $50? I thought it was our nuclear arsenal and mutually assured destruction but OK!

Our border and Ukraine aren't binary issues. I haven't changed on that issue either.

The point of bringing up the chicoms was that Appeasement is a shitty strategy when dealing with authoritarians but whoosh I suppose.