Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looking for a good divorce attorney preferably in Snohomish or Island County

2»

Comments

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

USMChawk said:

This situation is over a 20 year old kid whose mother wants him to go to a $75,000 a year private college and wants the dad to pay for it. She is suing him over some sort of "adult support" law. My buddy has been willing to split costs on public in-state tuition, but this isn't good enough for the ex.

The secret to private colleges is they have huge endowments and use them to offset the high tuition if you’re smart, talented, or athletic. If you’re not, you pay full rate. If the kid has to pay full rate, then state university is the only reasonable choice. Both my girls chose Pepperdine and I am solidly middle class. They are both A students and have almost full rides. If they didn’t, then they’d be at some State U somewhere.
    USD gave my daughter nothing and she had a 4.0. TBF, we never pushed the issue and asked.
    Is USD a private school? Pepperdine is up front about their admission process. It’s 70% grades/SAT scores and 30% extracurriculars, because they want well rounded people. My daughters both played sports, were in the choir, band, were involved in community projects through our church, etc… Those were things they did, long before they had to pad a college application resume.

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

This situation is over a 20 year old kid whose mother wants him to go to a $75,000 a year private college and wants the dad to pay for it. She is suing him over some sort of "adult support" law. My buddy has been willing to split costs on public in-state tuition, but this isn't good enough for the ex.

The secret to private colleges is they have huge endowments and use them to offset the high tuition if you’re smart, talented, or athletic. If you’re not, you pay full rate. If the kid has to pay full rate, then state university is the only reasonable choice. Both my girls chose Pepperdine and I am solidly middle class. They are both A students and have almost full rides. If they didn’t, then they’d be at some State U somewhere.
    Pics?
    No
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Pics?
    No
    Please.
    I'm with Mike.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,819
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Pics?
    No
    Please.
    I'm with Mike.
    People forget ****** was FIRST with regards to daughters on message boreds. People forget that.

#HHBv1
    #******sdaughter
    #picsorgtfo
    #ymbnh
    #gthualtdbrlati

@TierbsHsotBoobs
    @dnc
    @DerekJohnson
    @RaceBannon
    @WhiskeyDawg
    @iDawg

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

WTF? Again, another example if this is allowed the age of adulthood should just get raised to 21 for voting, gun ownership, and everything else.

Bet her prescription drug/antidepressant consumption is out of this world…any chance we link those to voting eligibility?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Please send me a PM if you have someone you'd recommend. It's for a friend

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Yikes … will not end well
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

USMChawk said:

Pepperdine, is there a better college campus?
    This