Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Traveling across the USA

I just got back from a road trip starting in Austin, TX and going through the following states, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas and back to Texas.

Good times. As one person told me in Mississippi, after I told him I was from California, “Well…Welcome to the land of Freedom”.

He wasn’t wrong. It was nice to see people living normal again.

Also, the PAC-12 is fucked. It’s also the land that people care about college football.

Although I wasn’t overly impressed with campuses. I like University of Texas. Texas A&M is huge and spread out. LSU was ok. Auburn looked a little run down. George Tech is too much in Atlanta. Tennessee is nice, by the river. Vanderbilt was nice.

Never been before, but Nashville might be one of the best party cities I’ve been too. Better than Austin, Las Vegas and New Orleans.

Too long didn’t read.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

I just got back from a road trip starting in Austin, TX and going through the following states, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas and back to Texas.

Good times. As one person told me in Mississippi, after I told him I was from California, “Well…Welcome to the land of Freedom”.

He wasn’t wrong. It was nice to see people living normal again.

Also, the PAC-12 is fucked. It’s also the land that people care about college football.

Although I wasn’t overly impressed with campuses. I like University of Texas. Texas A&M is huge and spread out. LSU was ok. Auburn looked a little run down. George Tech is too much in Atlanta. Tennessee is nice, by the river. Vanderbilt was nice.

Never been before, but Nashville might be one of the best party cities I’ve been too. Better than Austin, Las Vegas and New Orleans.

Too long didn’t read.

I drove to Knoxville 3 times over the last 3 weeks to buy an old Jeep. The route took me right by Neyland Stadium but I never had time to walk around it. My thought from seeing it while crossing the River is that the top of the stadium to the field must be like 5 stories.

I’ve heard from Kentucky fans that Neyland is pretty run down and old on the inside.