Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Hendrix - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (LIVE)

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
This cover was 2 days after the Beatles released it.

https://youtu.be/tZoIxlRC32k

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Baseman said:

Baseman highlight.

Hung with Eric Burden at a private house party, one night, circa 2002. ~10 people there.

Burden and I got bullshitting about asthma. We both had it. Burden starts recommending meds. Everyone clears out for outside.

Burden and I pour and drink, and pour and drink and he tells me Jimi Hendrix stories. They were BFFs. He tells me one morning Jimis GF calls. Jimi is unresponsive. She's hysterical. EB implores her to call for medical aid. She demurs. There are drugs everywhere. "I don't give a fuck. He'll die," Burden said. And Jimi did.

I told him I like Morrison and the Doors. didn't know him but thought he was all that. "Fuck Jim Morrison. What an asshole!" Burdon said he rented a Beverly Hills house. One night he has a party. Morrison shows up, shit faced. A real prick, Burdon says. Morrison was so out of control and pissed him off so bad that he went and got his piece. Came out confronted Morrison, then squeezed off two rounds, told him to GTFO (CSB straight from EB)

Still hear from EB. Fucker killed it with House of the Rising Sun and was great pals with Jimi Fucking Hendrix.

CSB

Vs a public house party?
    Imagine having asthma. Zero 1960s kids had it. Except for the weak awkward kids that got picked on and sucked at everything.

The Doors were awful.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman highlight.

Hung with Eric Burden at a private house party, one night, circa 2002. ~10 people there.

Burden and I got bullshitting about asthma. We both had it. Burden starts recommending meds. Everyone clears out for outside.

Burden and I pour and drink, and pour and drink and he tells me Jimi Hendrix stories. They were BFFs. He tells me one morning Jimis GF calls. Jimi is unresponsive. She's hysterical. EB implores her to call for medical aid. She demurs. There are drugs everywhere. "I don't give a fuck. He'll die," Burden said. And Jimi did.

I told him I like Morrison and the Doors. didn't know him but thought he was all that. "Fuck Jim Morrison. What an asshole!" Burdon said he rented a Beverly Hills house. One night he has a party. Morrison shows up, shit faced. A real prick, Burdon says. Morrison was so out of control and pissed him off so bad that he went and got his piece. Came out confronted Morrison, then squeezed off two rounds, told him to GTFO (CSB straight from EB)

Still hear from EB. Fucker killed it with House of the Rising Sun and was great pals with Jimi Fucking Hendrix.

CSB

Did EB spill any wine on the carpet ?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hendrix did a good take on Day Tripper as well. Alas, he was best at covering Dylan.