Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Led Zeppelin In My Time of Dying - LIVE

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember my Led Zeppelin phase.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mine has lasted 50 years
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mine has lasted 50 years
    My peak Led Zeppelin phase was '94 to '97. Then about 10 years of major burnout. It wasn't their fault. Just OD'd on too much Zep.

Once I built up my Zep on vinyl collection (inherited II and III from my dad) then I got to a better place.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So one of the great things about Zep is that they never soiled their reputation as by becoming nostalgia/ oldies act with endless tours over the past 20 to 30 years like the Stones or Who. They’ve had like 2 reunion one offs ever and that’s it.

That said I wish they had found a good drummer and played the King Dome a time or two in the 90s. I’ve seen the stones and Who once each just to pay homage. A second lap
    Was not necessary.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So one of the great things about Zep is that they never soiled their reputation as by becoming nostalgia/ oldies act with endless tours over the past 20 to 30 years like the Stones or Who. They’ve had like 2 reunion one offs ever and that’s it.

That said I wish they had found a good drummer and played the King Dome a time or two in the 90s. I’ve seen the stones and Who once each just to pay homage. A second lap
    Was not necessary.

Yeah, I’m glad they didn’t get a replacement drummer and have a 2022 Farewell Tour.

I was 15 when Bonzo died (I like to call him Bozo, TWILTCH) so I never saw them live.