Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TBS Alert: Benning Potoae Edition

13»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Sark was clearly after the instant gratification for a number of different reasons.

However, you did start to see more guys redshirt in the last two years than what was happening previously. Of course, there were still a number of head scratching decisions.

I have no problem with having the best guys play and if they are freshman than so be it. But if a true freshman is marginally better than a junior, you redshirt the freshman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

I think a guy like Ducre or Kevin Smith was screwed more than Potoa'e. If Ducre would have redshirted, he would have had a chance to put another year of starting on tape for NFL scouts. Smith could have had another year of solid production. They could have greatly increased their NFL chances. Instead, their futures were hurt for some token appearances in 2010. Potoa'e did absolutely nothing his entire career. You can't put all of that blame on the coaches.

Kevin Smith really pisses me off because we only got one year out of him. He was wasted in 2010, 2011 just couldn't crack a talented lineup, was hurt all of 2012 yet Sark didn't medical redshirt him.

Sark had not one but two chances to make sure Smith had a 2014 season. Then again I think Sark knew he was gone after this year either way.
    It would've just been a redshirt year ya ignant cunt!

Sorry, this is the first opportunity I've had to call someone an ignant cunt. Nothing personal.
    He played first two games then got injured so had to be medical.

HTH.
    I'm referring to his original injury before the Alamo Bowl. He should've redshirted that year but your poont is also acceptable.
    2011 he was actually valuable as a KR and our 5th WR.

In 2012 he had recovered from that injury as he proved to be the only Husky who belonged on the field with LSU that day.

He either should have redshirted in 2010(Obvious) or medical redshirt in 2012 which was my whole original point.