Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    It's so over. lol
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2022

“UW will always be home,” he said. “I always put where I’m from on my back.”

Lol.

I’ve never seen this logic leveraged elsewhere by kids going to other schools

I’ve never seen DFW area kids say “I’m leaving DFW but I’ll always put on for my city”
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Lol.

I’ve never seen DFW area kids say “I’m leaving DFW but I’ll always put on for my city”
    careful, you might make Wayne smile and ruin his cyborg from the future persona...
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Let's face it ... we're fucked and have been fucked for a long time coming ... ever since:

- coffee cups have been a thing
    - to now legitimized free agency/nil
    - endorsed by the ncaa and not enforced by the ncaa
    - the PAC 12 coming in dead last in revenue ...

Kids can now optically say "I'm a hometown guy, always will be ... but show me the money on my way to the league" and be telling the truth.

We're now a tennis/softball/soccer/rowing school.

I mean, look at the recent safety commit to Oregon. Which school has the far better record developing secondary players into the draft?

Development is now a question mark at Washington with recent changes ... but this guy took the money and the exposure and I don't blame him.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lol.

We can still be friends
    Exactly, this sentiment to me is almost worse than "fuck Washington." UW is such a joke now that it's like that guy that you're okay with your girlfriend hanging out with because he's such a non-threat. Both ways too. Like JT being at the Spring Game. Should be like get the fuck out of here dude. Go hang out in Columbus if that's such a great place to go to.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Isn't that what happened with Smalls until all the better schools moved on?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    Standard Supporter
    Just win baby.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Lol.

Kids can throw that crap line out around here and it will passify 90% of our cuck fanbase.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Tequilla said:

Lol.

I've never seen DFW kids give a fuck about TCU in the first place, so this is irrelevant.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Lol.

Kids can throw that crap line out around here and it will passify 90% of our cuck fanbase.

In basketball we already have Seattle kids transferring back even though we have the worst coach in the conference. So there is no point to telling any of these football recruits to fuck off.

If they come back to Seattle then they probably suck, but still. You can get a great player this way like Brown Jr. Davis would have been great too but he was hurt all year (and at Stanford).

BB and Gaskin were REAL 5*, and that's who I want to go to UW. Conerly's fat ass and this kid are going the way of FozzyFS
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Lol.

In basketball we already have Seattle kids transferring back even though we have the worst coach in the conference. So there is no point to telling any of these football recruits to fuck off.

If they come back to Seattle then they probably suck, but still. You can get a great player this way like Brown Jr. Davis would have been great too but he was hurt all year (and at Stanford).

BB and Gaskin were REAL 5*, and that's who I want to go to UW. Conerly's fat ass and this kid are going the way of FozzyFS
    Bury Post