Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Meme of the day thread

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I want this on a T-Shirt.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

If only my alleged entitlement had been invested with Buffet

A bit like wanting your insurance premiums back because you didn't have a loss.
    So how is contributing to a fund that you may never get to see, equivalent with insurance? At least with insurance, you get some benefit if and when you need it.

I’m thinking the syphylis isn’t only winning but planning the parade with you.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

So how is contributing to a fund that you may never get to see, equivalent with insurance? At least with insurance, you get some benefit if and when you need it.

Social Security is and has always been a welfare program in which money is transferred from the well-off to the poor. The rich get a negative return on their "investment" and the poor get a positive return which exceeds the negative return. Anyone who has paid in the max for decades and retires in 2023 would have been far better off putting the money into a S&P index fund. But they didn't have a choice.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

Social Security is and has always been a welfare program in which money is transferred from the well-off to the poor. The rich get a negative return on their "investment" and the poor get a positive return which exceeds the negative return. Anyone who has paid in the max for decades and retires in 2023 would have been far better off putting the money into a S&P index fund. But they didn't have a choice.
    Yeah. if you contributed average of even $200 per month to that fund starting in 1980, you’d have close to a Million dollars now.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    edited August 2023
    Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

So how is contributing to a fund that you may never get to see, equivalent with insurance?
    Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

The average SS check is $1400/mo.

The Biden administration is giving illegal alien border jumpers $2200/mo. cash.

#YeahButStill
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    edited August 2023

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

No shit, Einstein. The program is social insurance and is intended to effect some redistribution of wealth.

If you want to make investments, open an investment account. If you paid the maximum into Social Security and didn’t put any money into investments, that’s on you.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

No shit, Einstein. The program is social insurance welfare and is intended to effect some redistribution of wealth.

If you want to make investments, open an investment account. If you paid the maximum into Social Security and didn’t put any money into investments, that’s on you.
    It isn't "insurance". When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point. If people are on welfare, they should know they are on welfare and didn't earn it.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,625
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    LebamDawg said:

I can here the BidenBros orgy from here. Strange Trump just gets stronger.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    from a thread on the Maui fires and Biden