Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Uvalde, Texas tragedy: Recognizing the ROT in America’s soul

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

This has been discussed before. When I went to school, there were several positive male role models. Ex-service guys, former athletes who wanted to teach, a teacher who was a Peace Corps volunteer that survived the poverty of rural Iran in the 1960s, a teacher who loved to hunt and was always being called in by the state police to gut and butcher road killed deer and elk for soup kitchens. Today, very few male teachers and I doubt you could get a tire change out of any of them.

Keep pretending society doesn't need families. Keep pretended single motherhood is awesome. Keep yelling about toxic masculinity. Keep insisting little boys and girls are the same. Keep taking away spaces were boys can thrive with other boys and learn from each other. Keep thinking drag queens are great role models. Keep thinking pro sports athletes are great role models. Keep thinking boys don't need actual male role models. Oh.... and keep thinking we have a gun problem and see where it goes
    You'd be fucking insane to be a teacher as a male in 2022 lol
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

booker14 said:

Bob Pederson - a guy nobody knows. He taught math and coached football.

Oregon State was known as the giant killers that year and was UW's big win in a 5-5 season

Washington won only two of its six home games; the notable victory was over the "Giant Killers" of Oregon State in the conference opener.[2] The Huskies had just one loss after five games,[3] but won only one of the last five.[4][5]

This was the last year for natural grass in Husky Stadium; AstroTurf was installed prior to the 1968 season.

The Giant killers were in 1967. I was alive, if not there.

And the Cougars also beat the Giant Killers that year.
    We're talking 67

Coogs won the apple cup but Oregon State was 4-1-1 in league

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    Ah the op was 66

But still
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    Kaepsknee said:

booker14 said:

Bob Pederson - a guy nobody knows. He taught math and coached football.

Oregon State was known as the giant killers that year and was UW's big win in a 5-5 season

Washington won only two of its six home games; the notable victory was over the "Giant Killers" of Oregon State in the conference opener.[2] The Huskies had just one loss after five games,[3] but won only one of the last five.[4][5]

This was the last year for natural grass in Husky Stadium; AstroTurf was installed prior to the 1968 season.

The Giant killers were in 1967. I was alive, if not there.

And the Cougars also beat the Giant Killers that year.
    You are correct Kaepsknee. The Giant Killers were in 1967. They beat USC and OJ Simpson on a muddy field in Corvallis, 3-0.

Jess Lewis, Heavyweight Wrestler and DT for the Beavs ALLEGEDLY chased OJ Simpson from behind and made a huge tackle.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Keep pretending society doesn't need families. Keep pretended single motherhood is awesome. Keep yelling about toxic masculinity. Keep insisting little boys and girls are the same. Keep taking away spaces were boys can thrive with other boys and learn from each other. Keep thinking drag queens are great role models. Keep thinking pro sports athletes are great role models. Keep thinking boys don't need actual male role models. Oh.... and keep thinking we have a gun problem and see where it goes
    Whatever ultra magatard bigot.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,514 Founders Club
    Probably 60% of this shit is attributable to the breakdown of the nuclear family since 1970. Without even researching, I'm sure 95% or more of these psychos had absent or weak fathers. We had tons of available guns before this became as big of a trend as it is. I wasn't as pro 2 Amendment until the government stripped us of tons of freedoms two years ago. I know now that restriction of law abiding types is the wrong way to go.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Probably 60% of this shit is attributable to the breakdown of the nuclear family since 1970. Without even researching, I'm sure 95% or more of these psychos had absent or weak fathers. We had tons of available guns before this became as big of a trend as it is. I wasn't as pro 2 Amendment until the government stripped us of tons of freedoms two years ago. I know now that restriction of law abiding types is the wrong way to go.

90%. Not 60%