Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Saves Biden the trip

124»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,183
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm told you suck the pope's dick

Same source, I'll bet.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

To recap: "good guy(s) with a gun" was/were present and did not prevent mass killings in Buffalo or Uvalde.

Carry on.

So give us your "solution" or shut the fuck up Dazzler. Was a deer wearing Kevlar yesterday?
    Many examples. Here's but one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_Norway

Yes, the Second Amendment would have to be amended if we're to continue to pretend that "well regulated militia" is essentially a meaningless turn of phrase.
    Stop being a Kunt and tell us in your own words what your "solutions" are Dazzler. Don't cut and paste the words of others don't give me a link, so that you can later play your little Kunt game that you never "said" it, state for us clearly what you would do that would have prevented this shooting.

Cue the Kunt act.
    Fuck you, blob.

At a minimum, people should have to have a valid reason, a license and a gun education in order to possess guns.

Telling me that there are already an enormous number of guns in circulation and that it would be a huge undertaking tells me nothing I don't already know.

How your party's policy of "More guns will curb gun violence" worked out?

“Valid reason”, defined by the Dazzlers of the world. Why did you lie earlier Dazzler?
  • Options
    I’m enjoying Dazzler’s solutions desert and hand wringing.

Carry on.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

Carry on.

I took the NRA Hunter Education class in 8th grade as a school elective. Taught by a US army vet who was a social studies teacher at the junior high. Had everything the dazzler wants in gun education safety. You think the dazzler would support public gun education like that? Nope. Teaching six year olds how to put a condom on a banana? Not elective, required.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

Carry on.

I took the NRA Hunter Education class in 8th grade as a school elective. Taught by a US army vet who was a social studies teacher at the junior high. Had everything the dazzler wants in gun education safety. You think the dazzler would support public gun education like that? Nope. Teaching six year olds how to put a condom on a banana? Not elective, required.
    I learned how to shoot from an Air Force Combat Controller. I can tell you who hates Biden and the leftists....special forces in the military.

Anyway, I shoot with him regularly. Not just my pistols but also his arsenal. And he has a big arsenal. I've started out as a good shot with the AR-15 (he as many from Colt to home built). I'm now a decent shot with pistols. That takes a while. I'm now learning how to shoot with a suppressor. (That's a "silencer" for Herr Dazzler and the BidenBros)
  • Options
    Dazzler shoots with his mouth. Should help him in a pinch where his life depends on it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

Dazzler shoots with his mouth. Should help him in a pinch where his life depends on it.

Pretty sure he's more of a catcher than a pitcher.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Arming some staff and teachers might be a good idea, but in a typical US elementary school heavily staffed with progressive women and soi boy males, who really could handle a handgun during a crisis? Thinking back to my kid's elementary school, no candidates come to mind. The male principal had the hand grip strength of a female Hollywood star from the 50s. Grace Kelly could have taken him. A few possible candidates at the high school level.

https://crimeresearch.org/2022/05/another-school-shooting-in-a-place-where-teachers-and-staff-were-banned-from-carrying-guns-robb-elementary-school-in-the-uvalde-texas-cisd/

A shooting at a Texas elementary school left 14 children and one teacher murdered. While about 30% of school districts in Texas 2020 had armed teachers and staff, unfortunately, the Robb Elementary School in the Uvalde, Texas CISD doesn’t appear to be one of them. Their firearm regulations are detailed here. There are no provisions in their regulations for teachers or staff to carry.

The attack in Buffalo, New York illustrates once again how these murderers are attracted to places where the victims are not armed. For example, in his manifesto, he wrote: “areas where CCW are outlawed or prohibited may be good areas of attack.” More examples are available here and here.

Unfortunately, as we found in our 2019 study, despite 20 states allowing teachers or staff to carry guns, all the school shootings have occurred in schools that don’t allow them to carry. From the abstract of our study.

After the Columbine school shooting 20 years ago, one of the more significant changes in how we protect students has been the advance of legislation that allows teachers to carry guns at schools. There are two obvious questions: Does letting teachers carry create dangers? Might they deter attackers? Twenty states currently allow teachers and staff to carry guns to varying degrees on school property, so we don’t need to guess how the policy would work. There has yet to be a single case of someone being wounded or killed from a shooting, let alone a mass public shooting, between 6 AM and midnight at a school that lets teachers carry guns. Fears of teachers carrying guns in terms of such problems as students obtaining teachers guns have not occurred at all, and there was only one accidental discharge outside of school hours with no one was really harmed. While there have not been any problems at schools with armed teachers, the number of people killed at other schools has increased significantly – doubling between 2001 and 2008 versus 2009 and 2018.

I support the teachers' right to conceal carry if they choose. Also, the schools need to be hardened. This freak was able to get in through a back door after there was some contact with a "school reaource officer" which did not stop him from getting in. I could not get into my kid's gradeschool even if I wanted to during, before or after school hours. I had to be let in electronically after I introduced myself and I was recognized via camera.