Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I want to get my Husky Mojo Back Again

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2014 in Tug Tavern

imageI want to get my Husky Mojo Back Again

With the departure of Sark and the dawning of the Chris Petersen Era, one man wants to rekindle his passion for Husky Football again.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But how was sark a bad coach?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Spot on Derek. I used to be able to name every player and number, now I couldn't name a dozen players. Thanks Willingham for that......Sark didn't inspire me either.

+1

I'm not sure there's any recovering from this, though. I'll gaf about the outcomes again, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to care as much as I did before Ty took a ginormous shit all over my fandom.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

Spot on Derek. I used to be able to name every player and number, now I couldn't name a dozen players. Thanks Willingham for that......Sark didn't inspire me either.

+1

I'm not sure there's any recovering from this, though. I'll gaf about the outcomes again, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to care as much as I did before Ty took a ginormous shit all over my fandom.

That's true. Husky Football is like that beautiful wife who you loved and saw no faults in her. Then she got chubby and cheated on you. Now she's back on track to being beautiful again and faithful. However, you'll never trust her again.

The thought of Husky football ever having a losing season in the late 90's wasn't even fathomable let alone having six consecutive losing seasons. I remember teasing Coug/Ducks/Beavers that to UW rebuilding is 7-4 with the occasional 6-5 while when they hit bottom they go 2-9 that's the difference between us.

Can't say that now.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Well written Derek.

I was never sold on Sark being the long term answer until he proved that he was (which he never did).

I thought that he had an opportunity to rebuild some aspects of the program with his youthful energy and his recruiting ties. And for all intents and purposes, he was successful with that initially. It was once you started getting to Years 3-5 and you realized that his holes he wasn't capable of fixing that you began wondering whether or not Woodward would have the balls to more on Sark. While the program may not have been a high profile job in the 2008 time period, it certainly was in the 2013 time period. And that obviously was proven by the hiring of Petersen.

The great unknown through all of this was the answer to the question of whether Woodward would have pulled the plug on Sarkisian. The heat was definitely turning up and moving in a direction that would make you believe that Woodward would have had a solid foundation to make the decision.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    I've lost some excitement due to getting older. The bad football didn't help. I still get excited and enjoy the games, but I doubt I will ever recapture the excitement from when I was a kid.

I just want to win. It's hard to put in so much time and attention to something so mediocre. The 2000 Rose Bowl season seems like so long ago.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sums it up - but it's looking backward. Peterman is at the helm now...I guarantee you will be excited come the Stanford game this fall

BTW, for some reason I don't remember the sky as an orange and pinkish hue the for 1992 night game against Nebraska. I don't remember shit from that game
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Sums it up - but it's looking backward. Peterman is at the helm now...I guarantee you will be excited come the Stanford game this fall

BTW, for some reason I don't remember the sky as an orange and pinkish hue the for 1992 night game against Nebraska. I don't remember shit from that game

Sounds like too much

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,138
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Derek's best effort.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like you and dad shared many crisp fall days at Husky Stadium in a sea if purple on Aurora in Montlake
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sounds like you and your 2 dads shared many crisp fall days at Husky Stadium in a sea if purple on Aurora in Montlake

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    so how hot is your wife?

dnc said:

+1

That's true. Husky Football is like that beautiful wife who you loved and saw no faults in her. Then she got chubby and cheated on you. Now she's back on track to being beautiful again and faithful. However, you'll never trust her again.

The thought of Husky football ever having a losing season in the late 90's wasn't even fathomable let alone having six consecutive losing seasons. I remember teasing Coug/Ducks/Beavers that to UW rebuilding is 7-4 with the occasional 6-5 while when they hit bottom they go 2-9 that's the difference between us.

Can't say that now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    DeepSeaZ said:

so how hot is your wife?

dnc said:

+1

Can't say that now.
    Using an analogy. Not married.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,485
    Founders Club
    Even in September, if we see a disciplined type of football from the Dawgs that hasn't been seen in many years, that would get me excited I think.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2014
    I love Husky football and I'm very optimistic. I had a similar thought process to those shared 5 years ago. There was serious doubt as to the future of Husky football. Tyrone basically ruined the program to an extent. To be fair Gilbertson did his part, as did slick Rick. That garbage is over. It's okay to be hopeful.

I guess I just don't have the extreme acrimony toward Steve. He proved to have shortcomings, & sure I wanted to ass gone too, but it seemed likely he would either get fired or try to climb the ladder. As far as the infidelity s***, it sleazy and I'd much prefer, the wild rumor mill didn't circulate so much. Sure I'd rather have an upstanding coach, but we already had that in Willing ham. It's mostly about wins and losses baby.

We've had one eleven win and two nine win seasons in 21 years. We've only been ranked in the final poll five times since 1992. This will all change. I haven't been this excited since 1997 and possibly since 1992. The future is bright kids.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Pick up a fucking roster and read it....jesus you suck