Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Korean Culture and Language Analysis - K-Drama "My Mister" Episode 1

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I'm probably the only one here who will enjoy this, but it was great. I've seen all 16 episodes of My Mister three times, and I still learned a shit ton from this video.
The English title "My Mister" was a shame because it sounds weird and doesn't jibe with the intended meaning.
This was a fucking great drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5NR-GPET0Q

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Pretty good show, watched it after you recommended.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Of all the posters on HCH, I must say you're the last person that I thought would give it a go. I need to reassess my opinion of you.

The show is a slow burn but it is so, so good.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Of all the posters on HCH, I must say you're the last person that I thought would give it a go. I need to reassess my opinion of you.

Haha. The subtitles took sometime getting used, but the plot was pretty interesting.

Actually pretty refreshing compared to some of the garbage that is getting made on Netflix these days
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Haha. The subtitles took sometime getting used, but the plot was pretty interesting.

Actually pretty refreshing compared to some of the garbage that is getting made on Netflix these days
    The storyline with the brothers was kind of retarded. But all the scenes with Lee Sun-Kyun and IU were riveting.

I also liked how they resolved the story of the violent loan shark. He redeemed himself but it was plausible and not hokey.