Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

maybe we don't suck?

13»

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022

I definitely see a path to winning 7-9, hell maybe even 10 games the next year or two. I just don't know what that does at this point though and I don't how a team full players whose other offers were Tulsa and Dartmouth will compete with a trying USC and Oregon once the last of the "talented" Pete recruits are gone.

It's also entirely possible all these "talented" Pete recruits suck and the ceiling the next two years is 6-7 wins.

That's the ceiling, where's the floor? 3-4 wins? Mediocre middle of the PAC seems the most likely.
    They won four games last year with a historically terrible coaching staff. Though they easily could have only won 1 game. Realistically 4-5 seems like the floor. Going out on a huge limb and saying they beat Kent State and Portland State, that means they would only win 1-2 Pac-12 games to get to 3-4. They have Arizona, Colorado and Stanford at home.
    Five. Kent St., Portland St., Arizona. @RuffaloSoldier, and Cuog. Unless, DeBoer is who we think he is then a couple more. Likely at Kal and vs Beav.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Nothing good ever happens after a thread like this.

DELETE.

And for the love of God don't let Damone see this.

Hi. I’m lubed and ready.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I definitely see a path to winning 7-9, hell maybe even 10 games the next year or two. I just don't know what that does at this point though and I don't how a team full players whose other offers were Tulsa and Dartmouth will compete with a trying USC and Oregon once the last of the "talented" Pete recruits are gone.

It's also entirely possible all these "talented" Pete recruits suck and the ceiling the next two years is 6-7 wins.

I don’t think we will be great, but the loser groupthink is strong right now. We all know we will Doog if we beat Michigan State.
    Have you idiots learned nothing? “Hey, maybe we’ll win games next year!”

JFC. By what objective measure can anyone find 10 wins on the schedule?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

What if the Huskies start out 2-0 and then beat Michigan State at home? Tedford went 4-8 (2-6) in 2019 and then DeBoer won more conference games than Tedford did despite playing half the amount of games in the 2020 Covid season.

In other words, DeBoer may be able to get things revvin' faster than many think.

Then the whole board doogs and thinks, “We’re Back!!!!”

Fresno shitting the bed after DeBoer left along with Indiana’s drastic decline on offense after DeBoer’s departure are very good signs that he’s a good coach and knows what he’s doing.

I’ll be ready to hate him after some losses, but I’m on board right now.
    The whole board? How dare you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t think we will be great, but the loser groupthink is strong right now. We all know we will Doog if we beat Michigan State.

10 seems like a lot after last year. I said 7.

Kent State, Portland State, Stanford, Arizona, Colorado. All home games. There is 5 wins. Even if we somehow drop one, 4.

@UCLA, @ Cal, @ASU, @WSU, @Oregon. One of those and we are at 6. We really should win 2. ASU will likely be pretty bad. Cal sucks. UCLA and WSU are nothing special. Neither is Oregon but I’ll still say that is a likely loss. Winning two of those 5 is a reasonable expectation. Three or more should be the real standard.

Michigan State is a home game and while they are solid, last year was likely a fluke. Their QB sucks and the big time RB is now on the Seahawks. They lost 59-7 to Ohio State. I’m not a believer.

If DeBoer is even an above average coach he wins 7-8 games.
    Is everyone working harder than ever? New attitude? Everyone talking about the different between DeBoer and Lake? In Penix we trust.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

Kent State, Portland State, Stanford, Arizona, Colorado. All home games. There is 5 wins. Even if we somehow drop one, 4.

@UCLA, @ Cal, @ASU, @WSU, @Oregon. One of those and we are at 6. We really should win 2. ASU will likely be pretty bad. Cal sucks. UCLA and WSU are nothing special. Neither is Oregon but I’ll still say that is a likely loss. Winning two of those 5 is a reasonable expectation. Three or more should be the real standard.

Michigan State is a home game and while they are solid, last year was likely a fluke. Their QB sucks and the big time RB is now on the Seahawks. They lost 59-7 to Ohio State. I’m not a believer.

Is everyone working harder than ever? New attitude? Everyone talking about the different between DeBoer and Lake? In Penix we trust.
    Well, I would assume there is a new attitude. The program was pretty dead under Lake and we lost some winnable games late.
    On the new attitude gauge, is it more or less of a difference that everyone was talking about when Donatell took over for Baer? That set the new attitude bar. The guys were ready to rumble.

We also lost winnable games early…let’s be honest here.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well, I would assume there is a new attitude. The program was pretty dead under Lake and we lost some winnable games late.
    OK, but in some circles, being on life support with no brain activity is thought to be an upgrade over being an ash heap in a ceramic vase.