Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Covington Becomes Second Husky This Offseason to Transfer to USC

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,815
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,429
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the defense that got A to M'd by every team they played at home, including fucking Stanford. Made Chance Nolan look like an All American.

Him and Bynum were coming off the bench this year and can get fucked. IDWTA
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bynum wasn't coming off the bench, but agree.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Probably not, but he’s not a huge loss. Our top 3 WR’s will hopefully take big leaps this year. DeBoer seems to be high on them. It’s been so long since our WR’s were good that I’ll believe it when it happens.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    Doogles said:

He was absolutely coming off the bench for McMillan Odunze and even Polk this year and he knew it. He wanted to go back to LA and would have still had decent run here.

I liked him a lot as a player and he should have been featured more in 2019-20, but those 3 specifically have passed him and Junior Alexander is better too.

Something has flipped the switch on for our receivers. Maybe it's their position coach, or maybe getting Alexander in. Maybe it's the offense they're in now.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Doogles said:

He was absolutely coming off the bench for McMillan Odunze and even Polk this year and he knew it. He wanted to go back to LA and would have still had decent run here.

I liked him a lot as a player and he should have been featured more in 2019-20, but those 3 specifically have passed him and Junior Alexander is better too.

Something has flipped the switch on for our receivers. Maybe it's their position coach, or maybe getting Alexander in. Maybe it's the offense they're in now.
    Adams seemed OK for a couple of years but he wasn't coaching anymore from the day Lake took over. The receivers improving isn't much of a mystery. Bynum would have benefited too and probably stayed a starter. Just a guess.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    chuck said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

Adams seemed OK for a couple of years but he wasn't coaching anymore from the day Lake took over. The receivers improving isn't much of a mystery. Bynum would have benefited too and probably stayed a starter. Just a guess.
    Bynum is a possession receiver and is not very strong. Why his biggest impact came against Oregon State (first drive only) and Arizona.

McMillan, Odunze, Polk, and Alexander, have too much size and speed over him.

Bynum had great hands though.

He will be a contributor for SC and good for him. Dunno if he'll be a starter there either though. So most likely he saw LA without Helton and getting similar run in a pass heavy offense.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Junior Alexander has done nothing Haie. Im pretty sure Bynum is better than Alexander right now. He’s 4 years older and has actually made plays in rea football game.

Alexander made some good catches against 3rd stringers in the Spring game. He’s probably battling Taj Davis and Giles Jackson for the 4th WR. Alexander won’t catch more than 10 passes all year if we aren’t decimated by injuries.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Junior Alexander has done nothing Haie. Im pretty sure Bynum is better than Alexander right now. He’s 4 years older and has actually made plays in rea football game.

Alexander made some good catches against 3rd stringers in the Spring game. He’s probably battling Taj Davis and Giles Jackson for the 4th WR. Alexander won’t catch more than 10 passes all year if we aren’t decimated by injuries.

Which reminds me that Taj outperformed Bynum last year too.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Bynum wasn't stellar. He doea have adequate size and 4.4 speed too, which I think gives him a tool that guys like Davis and Polk (big but not particularly fast or quick) don't have. He's more of a slot guy.

Odunze and McMillan are rarer cases...good sized receivers with slot receiver quickness. They're definitely in a higher category when it comes to potential, but I don't think any others on the roster are.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

Bynum wasn't stellar. He doea have adequate size and 4.4 speed too, which I think gives him a tool that guys like Davis and Polk (big but not particularly fast or quick) don't have. He's more of a slot guy.

Odunze and McMillan are rarer cases...good sized receivers with slot receiver quickness. They're definitely in a higher category when it comes to potential, but I don't think any others on the roster are.
    If you look at 2021 Taj was a slightly less worse version of him, and performed against better opponents.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah but Alexander was that 4 star sizzle guy that most here jack off to.

And he's probably going to be good.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I think he’s solid and will make some big plays. He’s not quick enough to consistently get open.

He’s a less athletic version of Kearse. He will catch more 50-50 balls than Ty Jones. He’s a dee threat guy that could potentially develop into a solid #2 WR once he has some seasoning.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USC just landed last year's Biletnikoff awards winner through the portal from Pitt.

Bynum is not seeing the field at SC.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

USC just landed last year's Biletnikoff awards winner through the portal from Pitt.

Bynum is not seeing the field at SC.

I’ll be surprised if he does anything. Addison, Williams (Oklahoma transfer), Gary Bryant, Tahj Washington (600 yards last year. I’m sure they have some other 4 and 5 star WR’s in the mix too.

I guess he started their Spring game but he’s not going to be any higher than 4th this year,, probably 5th or 6th. Most 4th WR’s don’t catch many passes.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I think he’s solid and will make some big plays. He’s not quick enough to consistently get open.

He’s a less athletic version of Kearse. He will catch more 50-50 balls than Ty Jones. He’s a dee threat guy that could potentially develop into a solid #2 WR once he has some seasoning.
    Between Alexander and Tinae I felt like UW got the right one when it happened. I wasn't the least bit bothered about Alexander and I'm not expecting too much from him now.