Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We suck. We’re a loser program. We lost to Cal. We always lose to Cal.

The men lost to Cal by 5 seconds.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We suck. We’re a loser program. We lost to Cal. We always lose to Cal.

The men lost to Cal by 5 seconds.

Cal not too high?!?

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #Firecohenconibear
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    NOC outside of Yella, which is fine and understandable.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

I don't think NOC is applicable unless were talking about the HH demographic specifically. Seattle is a big rowing town and Crew remains by far our most successful and storied sports tradition at UW. Rowing has a huge private endowment that pays for 16 full ride schollies a year, which is something no other non revenue sport at UW could dream of. So obviously there's some big money in town that cares about the success of the program.

Plus we'll ? be coming to a movie theater near you very soon.
    Looks like BleachedAnusDawg hit a nerve
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think NOC is applicable unless were talking about the HH demographic specifically. Seattle is a big rowing town and Crew remains by far our most successful and storied sports tradition at UW. Rowing has a huge private endowment that pays for 16 full ride schollies a year, which is something no other non revenue sport at UW could dream of. So obviously there's some big money in town that cares about the success of the program.

Nah. Just trying to keep things objective around here.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Also, I will add that if the Seattle rowing community being pissed off is what it takes to get Cohen fired I will retract my statement.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think NOC is applicable B. Seattle is a big rowing town and Crew remains by far our most successful and storied sports tradition at UW. Rowing has a huge private endowment that pays for 16 full ride schollies a year, which is something no other non revenue sport at UW could dream of. So obviously there's some big money in town that cares about the success of the program.

HH is real life!
    Some of it is and it hurts my self esteem.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Also, I will add that if the Seattle rowing community being pissed off is what it takes to get Cohen fired I will retract my statement.

Does Cohen even have anything to do with non NCAA sports? Obviously she makes calls for women's rowing but does she have any say so about men's?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don't think NOC is applicable B. Seattle is a big rowing town and Crew remains by far our most successful and storied sports tradition at UW. Rowing has a huge private endowment that pays for 16 full ride schollies a year, which is something no other non revenue sport at UW could dream of. So obviously there's some big money in town that cares about the success of the program.

HH is real life!
    GTHUALTDBRLATI

Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

It would be peak Cohen-12 to destroy the rowing program right as it prepares to get the most FREE PUB ever
    As long a Callahan sticks around, it's beyond Jenn's power to destroy rowing. And the Board of Rowing Stewards is omnipotent when it comes to figuring out a replacement.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

You've seemingly lost all ability to detect sarcasm
    Swaye's Wigwam

You've seemingly lost all ability to detect sarcasm

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

It would be peak Cohen-12 to destroy the rowing program right as it prepares to get the most FREE PUB ever
    So here's my @sonics1993 level insider row boat knowledge @whlinder

1- CAL is really fast this year and will probably win IRAs. They were more impacted by Covid -19 times than us? and had some key dudes come back from 2019 who who are really good.

2- There were a few non OKG type recruits who got kicked off the team this past fall which I think created some drama.

I watched it Saturday and thought I heard something about us being young or some shit.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I should also add @Doogles that apparently a lot of the corches are not liking Lake Natoma these days and feel it's not a fair course. Apparently the dam operators aren't cooperative about how much water they release on race day (usually too much) and so lanes 1/2 tend to be way faster than the rest with currents. For the Men this is less of an issue because you just put Cal and UW in lanes 1/2 and OSU and Furd never were going to win regardless. But for the Women, you have more like 3 or 4 boats in contention in any given year.