Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Major UW Contributor Announces Surprise Grad Transfer to USC

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
After thirty something years as a UW fan and four years at Hardcore Husky, major poaster and one time podcast host @UW_Doog_Bot decided this past off-season to transfer for his last year of eligibility. With his eye on earning a Master's degree while poasting, Bot has decided on his destination.

Taking to Instagram on Tuesday, Bot announced that he will be playing his final year at University of Southern California. He intends to pursue a Master's degree in Machine Learning.
https://youtu.be/CRWggz084bE

Bot joins a Trojan team that has won a rose bowl in living memory.

When asked for comment Bot responded, "I look forward to poasting on Hardcore Troojan and am focused on faith, family, and football. I had to do what was best for myself and my family. Please respect my decision."

In the past three seasons at Washington, Bot has appeared on numerous different sub-forums, amassing an impressive 3 to 1 ratio of upvotes to downvotes on only 10,000 poasts.

The loss of Bot is yet another blow to a Washington depth chart that has been ravaged by flame outs, fag outs, and gurgles over the last three seasons as well as an AD intent on destroying a successful program.

Hardcore Husky now finds itself down its starting non moderator poaster, an aging @RaceBannon , almost its entire teen stalking board gone, as well as an @Swaye savaged by the suburban middle class trap.

When asked former teammate @PurpleBaze responded, "Who?"

@GrundleStiltzkin was unavailable for comment.

During his weekly 3am media poast @DerekJohnson was inconsolable over the loss of his former star poster.

With yet another departure one has to wonder how long until the AD's hand is forced and the fanbase finally unites to @FireCohen

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Good plan to pick a school that actually still seems to care. One of two schools on the west coast that has any kind of a chance during the NIL era. Still should have gone to Bama but I suppose their program in Machine Learning probably leaves a little bit to be desired.

Notably absent. I can understand how it isn't as important as funding the women's studies masters program.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WDWYA

I kid. This is a blow to the depth more than anything, but still a sore blow.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Nice.

I'm UW undergrad/USC grad. Welcome aboard. Years ago I would have been horrified about cheering for USC, I'm talking repping-purple-in-Marshall type of dooging. These days though? Man. My opinion of UW, Seattle, 98% of our fans, and the AD is so flagrantly and irreconcilably hostile that I have to recalibrate what I care about and who I cheer for. We'll have to tailgate at some point this season.

I've actually had the SC tailgate hookup since I was a kid and some prime time seats. I got into a pissing match with @CirrhosisDawg about it once upon a time and posted pics from the 50. Watched the sark meltdown game from there. No idea post covid how they got reshuffled though. No one ever wants to go with me bc LA and football. Hmu this season!
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,730
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Nice.

I'm UW undergrad/USC grad. Welcome aboard. Years ago I would have been horrified about cheering for USC, I'm talking repping-purple-in-Marshall type of dooging. These days though? Man. My opinion of UW, Seattle, 98% of our fans, and the AD is so flagrantly and irreconcilably hostile that I have to recalibrate what I care about and who I cheer for. We'll have to tailgate at some point this season.

I've actually had the SC tailgate hookup since I was a kid and some prime time seats. I got into a pissing match with @CirrhosisDawg about it once upon a time and posted pics from the 50. Watched the sark meltdown game from there. No idea post covid how they got reshuffled though. No one ever wants to go with me bc LA and football. Hmu this season!
    I was at the Sark meltdown game. One of the all-time memories for sure.

• trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited May 2022
    Fuck SC (the University of Spoiled Children).

In the last 30 years, they have shined pretty much only during the Pete Carroll era, who happened to be their third choice for the job.

I laffed when they celebrated (on Trojan Boards) the hiring of Sark away from Washington. Seems everybody in the Pac knew he was a sot and screwing around except SC’s AD at the time.

Entitled, dumber than fuck fans.

The Coliseum - terrible football facility in a shit area. Would be nice with a tailgate hookup and prime seats. Lots of not so prime seats there.

Hmu this season! ???

USC should really benefit from the NIL era, where $$$ talks and almost every SoCal kid dreams of playing for USC . . . at least they used to.

In the old days (the 1960’s when they had 120 scholarships) All-CIF players were lucky to make it on the field ever during their careers because of the intense competition for playing time within the program.

We’ve entered the era of semi-pro football.
    edited May 2022
    BTW: As much as I hate them, USC has one of the best fight songs (long version) in college football.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V7diC6tGyXM
    edited May 2022

I've been a Trojan fan since OJ

I was a fan of the “gutty little Bruins”, with the undersized Terry Donahue playing DT at 6’0”, 195 lbs. They won the Rose Bowl in 1965. Their heaviest DLineman was 225 lbs.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Congrats! Btw is their machine learning program good? I figured all the Ivys or Chicago or Tree would be beating their chest that they are the best.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Congrats! Btw is their machine learning program good? I figured all the Ivys or Chicago or Tree would be beating their chest that they are the best.

Woosh.

Am actually going to grad school but for business related shit.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Woosh.

Am actually going to grad school but for business related shit.
    Omg a MBA? Really? Sorry for your loss.