Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm 7 minutes into season 4 episode, 1 of Yellowstone -- and I'm already irritated by Monica Dutton

13»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Episode 6... Less than 24 hours after being stabbed in the chest, Walker is walking around fine and duking it out with Lloyd in the horse pen?

Remember when I said that it's a soap opera? You're probably only three episodes away from somebody dying and then appearing in the next episode for the big reveal that it was actually her secret twin sister who died.
    I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. But some of these things are so implausible.
    Costner is so typecast as the handsome, thoughtful, soft-hearted, intelligent guy, he'll never break away from it no matter how many cowboy movies he plays. Silverado was his best and he hasn't come close as a cowboy since.

#ThereIsOnlyOneClintEastwood
    Costner has been great in this show. Just like he was great in Hatfields and McCoys, Highwayman, and Open Range. I don't think he's on the Mt Rushmore of greatest wester actors but he's certainly Top 10.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2022
    Another show where all the ideas for it happen in the first few seasons then start creating plot points by drawing random words out of a hat. To be fair I thought it was pretty so-so from the get go but compelling enough to keep going.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I do like the storyline with the wayward kid and Beth. I'm curious to see how the writer brings that to a conclusion.
    Founders Club

Episode 6... Less than 24 hours after being stabbed in the chest, Walker is walking around fine and duking it out with Lloyd in the horse pen?

Remember when I said that it's a soap opera? You're probably only three episodes away from somebody dying and then appearing in the next episode for the big reveal that it was actually her secret twin sister who died.
    I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. But some of these things are so implausible.
    Costner is so typecast as the handsome, thoughtful, soft-hearted, intelligent guy, he'll never break away from it no matter how many cowboy movies he plays. Silverado was his best and he hasn't come close as a cowboy since.

#ThereIsOnlyOneClintEastwood
    Costner has been great in this show. Just like he was great in Hatfields and McCoys, Highwayman, and Open Range. I don't think he's on the Mt Rushmore of greatest wester actors but he's certainly Top 10.
    I think he's been enjoyable in this role. He holds everything down like a ballast. But the show is driven by Beth, Rip and Casey.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Reading this thread is probably better than watching the actual show. Still dvr'ing episodes, but 1 & 2 of season 1 have yet to pop up to start it.
    Founders Club
    edited May 2022
    Jimmy's Girlfriend #2 isn't that bad looking. She's not going to win Miss America, but she's not the disaster some in this thread were portraying her as being (Ep 8)
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jimmy's Girlfriend #2 isn't that bad looking. She's not going to win Miss America, but she's not the disaster some in this thread were portraying her as being (Ep 8)

Definitely an upgrade from Frying Pan Face.
    Founders Club

Definitely an upgrade from Frying Pan Face.
    Oh I thought you guys were ragging on girl #2.

Both are good looking. Not my type, but good looking.

Too much Josh manliness in that face. Pass.

That's a substantial noggin.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nothing cracks me up more that HH takes on who is who and who is wood not. I've met like 30 of you fuckers IRL and I know what par for the course here can pull or not pull. No one here has any bidness saying no to Eden Brolin cause a little bit of screen door face. That's like me saying Wood Not to EC cause she's got a little bit of cankles (hi @Doogles @pawz ). JTFC.

Nothing cracks me up more that HH takes on who is who and who is wood not. I've met like 30 of you fuckers IRL and I know what par for the course here can pull or not pull. No one here has any bidness saying no to Eden Brolin cause a little bit of screen door face. That's like me saying Wood Not to EC cause she's got a little bit of cankles (hi @Doogles @pawz ). JTFC.

Her Dad's better looking.

Have you forgotten how completely gay these boreds are, @YellowSnow?

You might reread the Terms and Conditions of HH.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656

Lest we forget, Brolin was banging a first ballot Hall of Famer for years.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Kelly Reilly is an amazing actress. I put her up there with Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson and IU.

Getting too over the top with the cuntiness
    As much as I've enjoyed the show, the whole things gets too over the top the further along it progresses.
    That's pretty typical with most shows. Longmire kind of did the same thing.
    I dont know. Irish Mob is a well known nuisance in small Wyoming towns.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Kelly Reilly is an amazing actress. I put her up there with Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson and IU.

Getting too over the top with the cuntiness
    As much as I've enjoyed the show, the whole things gets too over the top the further along it progresses.
    That's pretty typical with most shows. Longmire kind of did the same thing.
    I dont know. Irish Mob is a well known nuisance in small Wyoming towns.
    As well as a murder a week for 5 years
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

I'm gonna learn you guys some wood or wood not objectivity if it hair lips the governor. I feel like @Swaye and I are the only honest guys here.
    Founders Club
    Kind of surprised Jimmy wasn't a bit more considerate of girlfriend #1 upon his return to the ranch. Ep 10
    Founders Club
    Just finished season 4. Despite my various complaints, I enjoyed it. Anyone reading this who hasn't watched it but mulling it over, it's worth your time.