Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The NBA ... It's freedom of speech, until it isn't

13»

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

The NBA has a constitution. One that Sterling agreed to when he purchased the team. It states that the other owners can vote him out. He will get slaughtered if he fights this.

And holy shit are you stupid. It's not about what he believes. He's believed this racist shit his whole life, everyone knew it and the NBA did nothing. Think.

The owners can vote him out, and create a very slippery slope for themselves if they do.

And you are fucking stupid if you think a simple vote will get him out, contracts/constitutions mean shit to guys with 1.9 billion dollars ...

I love this line of defense when you have nothing but bullshit to spew:

Holy shit are you stupid. Blah Blah Blah ... I'm so smart ... Think.

What's there to think about dumb fuck.

The NBA is embarrassed and trying to cover their ass.

If the dude chooses to fight he has a case. He broke no laws, none ...

As I stated ... more than 1 NBA owner agrees with me.

Slipper slope argument. Noted.

I continue to call you an idiot because I can't believe how stupid the things you say are.

You better check Mark Cubans timeline, homie. "I agree 100% with the actions taken against Sterling". Oops.
    Homie ...

Checked his time line.

He agrees with his actions ...

Sterling was not told to sell the team. He was banned, which Cuban agreed with.

Are you really that fucking stupid?
    No owner wants to touch this thing and get crucified by the media. It wouldn't be a smart move for them, and there is no point to stick up for an idiot like Sterling. He was an incompetent fuck for a long time before this controversy. He only had a couple winning season out of the 30 years he has owned the franchise. The Clippers were a laughingstock for years, and probably would have continued to be if not for a gift wrapped Chris Paul.
    They are already sticking up for him.

As Cuban said, it is a slippery slope.

Losing property / investments / businesses ... because of what you say in privacy in your own home?

If they knew he was a racist they put up with it for 33 years. Why now? Because the media made a big deal out of it.

Anybody who can get past their "outrage" can see that is fucked up.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

If you think this is a First Amendment issue, you're dumber than the dumbest of the Doogs.

This. This is a pr move for the nba
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

The NBA has a constitution. One that Sterling agreed to when he purchased the team. It states that the other owners can vote him out. He will get slaughtered if he fights this.

And holy shit are you stupid. It's not about what he believes. He's believed this racist shit his whole life, everyone knew it and the NBA did nothing. Think.

The owners can vote him out, and create a very slippery slope for themselves if they do.

And you are fucking stupid if you think a simple vote will get him out, contracts/constitutions mean shit to guys with 1.9 billion dollars ...

I continue to call you an idiot because I can't believe how stupid the things you say are.

You better check Mark Cubans timeline, homie. "I agree 100% with the actions taken against Sterling". Oops.
    Homie ...

Checked his time line.

No owner wants to touch this thing and get crucified by the media. It wouldn't be a smart move for them, and there is no point to stick up for an idiot like Sterling. He was an incompetent fuck for a long time before this controversy. He only had a couple winning season out of the 30 years he has owned the franchise. The Clippers were a laughingstock for years, and probably would have continued to be if not for a gift wrapped Chris Paul.

Losing property / investments / businesses ... because of what you say in privacy in your own home?

If they knew he was a racist they put up with it for 33 years. Why now? Because the media made a big deal out of it.

Who is sticking up for him? The vote will be 29-0 to close the fucking gates on him. No owner is going to risk their neck associating themselves with that clown.

Not to mention before all this Sterling wasn't exactly a popular owner either. I'm sure there were a lot of guys who wanted him to LEAVE! for a long time now.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Homie ...

Checked his time line.

Who is sticking up for him? The vote will be 29-0 to close the fucking gates on him. No owner is going to risk their neck associating themselves with that clown.

Not to mention before all this Sterling wasn't exactly a popular owner either. I'm sure there were a lot of guys who wanted him to LEAVE! for a long time now.
    Twist all you want dumb fuck.

Banning him for life is rock solid legally.

Nobody is contesting that portion of the penalty.

You can't take away his franchise without a fight. If he chooses to sell he will, and he will make mad cash.

If he digs in, the NBA is in for a fight ... I don't give a fuck if it is 29-0 ...

You like to joke about CONTRACTS, we all know they are bullshit and who ever has the best lawyer determines what the CONTRACT says.

Lawyers love to fight, and he is a lawyer.

You keep trying to flip both sides ... he is banned ... big deal. He won't sell without a fight unless it is financially worth it to him.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

The league constitution allows owners to be forced out for ­offenses such as gambling, rigging games or ordering the team not to show up for games. There is nothing that fits Sterling’s comments precisely. The closest might be a provision to force a sale if an owner should “fail or refuse to fulfill its contractual obligations . . . in such a way as to affect the Association or its Members adversely.”

So you're also aware that the NBA could terminate his franschise and he wouldn't get a dime for it? That's what happens when Sterling fights this. Sterling won't own this team next season.
    Link to the constitution please.. I'd like to read it. You seem to know a lot about it. Please share.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    This is one of the best articles I have seen on the matter. From someone with sources who knows something rather than people talking out of their asses.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140429/donald-sterling-nba-adam-silver-clippers-lawsuit-lifetime-ban/
  • Options

This is one of the best articles I have seen on the matter. From someone with sources who know something rather than people talking out of their asses.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140429/donald-sterling-nba-adam-silver-clippers-lawsuit-lifetime-ban/

Just stop.

You're embarrassing yourself with facts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

This is one of the best articles I have seen on the matter. From someone with sources who know something rather than people talking out of their asses.

Just stop.

The part about Sterling suing and through the process of discovery exposing other racist statements by other owners is interesting, or not. Also of note a suit by Sterling would go on for a very long time. The NBA could have a lot of embarrassing dirty laundry on display.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Just stop.

The part about Sterling suing and through the process of discovery exposing other racist statements by other owners is interesting, or not. Also of note a suit by Sterling would go on for a very long time. The NBA could have a lot of embarrassing dirty laundry on display.
    “Here’s what I did,” Cuban said. “I went and looked at a picture of my house, since I’m on the road, and I saw that it was made out of a whole lot of glass. So I decided I don’t have anything else to say on the whole topic. And that’s my statement.”