Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The NBA ... It's freedom of speech, until it isn't

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

If you think this is a First Amendment issue, you're dumber than the dumbest of the Doogs.

This is not a first amendment issue, it is a freedom of speech issue.

Last I checked this is America, and American's have the God given right to be as doog fucking stupid with our comments as we so choose.

He broke no laws. He pays his black coach 7 million a year, and employs a lot of black men.

Where was the outrage when this slum lord was in trouble for real acts of racism.

It is a sad day in America when a man can't be stupid.
    It is your right to be stupid. It is not your right to own a franchise that is part of an association.

You believing in god actually explains a lot.
    Hey man I believe in God and understand this isn't a freedom of speech issue. If anything constitutional it's a right to privacy issue, but I don't know how there could be any reasonable expectation that a private institution would not use private information that was shared publicly, even if that information was illegally obtained. Sterling may be able to sue Ms. V over the privacy infringement, but there's no way the NBA is going to be liable for that.
    Any time I insult someone for believing in god just imagine there's a little disclaimer at the bottom that says. *does not apply to DNC, he is intelligent and sexy no matter what he believes*.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited May 2014

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Let me get this straight:

You can choke a coach
    You can rape your nanny, assault a girl, and beat your wife
    You can punch fans in the audience (the fans get banned for life from attending games in their home town)

And you can still play.

But ...

You exercise your freedom of speech in your own home, get recorded illegally ...

And you get banned for life ... as an owner ...

Only in America!

This is almost as gross as when Damone referred to torture as "interrogation". That's all he did? Exercised his freedom of speech. That's it. You don't even understand freedom of speech you fucking idiot.

Is the NBA the police? Can they only consider things that were obtained legally? Are you that fucking stupid?
    Really, you are going to argue this?

Since when did it become illegal and punishable when exercising freedom of speech in your own home?

This mother fucker has owned the team since 1981 ... 1981.

Where was the NBA when he was being sued for being a racist?

And yes... it was an illegal taping. It would not hold in a court of law. But apparently it is ok in the court of public opinion, unless it is obtained from the NSA.

Nice to know being an asshole in America is now frowned upon ...

Again ... choke, rape, beat, drug use ... all is fair game.

Good thing this case will never be in a court of law.
    Try and force him to sell his property for the way he believes ...

It will then land in a court of law.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

If you think this is a First Amendment issue, you're dumber than the dumbest of the Doogs.

Last I checked this is America, and American's have the God given right to be as doog fucking stupid with our comments as we so choose.

He broke no laws. He pays his black coach 7 million a year, and employs a lot of black men.

Where was the outrage when this slum lord was in trouble for real acts of racism.

It is your right to be stupid. It is not your right to own a franchise that is part of an association.

Hey man I believe in God and understand this isn't a freedom of speech issue. If anything constitutional it's a right to privacy issue, but I don't know how there could be any reasonable expectation that a private institution would not use private information that was shared publicly, even if that information was illegally obtained. Sterling may be able to sue Ms. V over the privacy infringement, but there's no way the NBA is going to be liable for that.
    Any time I insult someone for believing in god just imagine there's a little disclaimer at the bottom that says. *does not apply to DNC, he is intelligent and sexy no matter what he believes*.
    Stop sucking dnc's dick.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

You can choke a coach
    You can punch fans in the audience (the fans get banned for life from attending games in their home town)

And you can still play.

But ...

You exercise your freedom of speech in your own home, get recorded illegally ...

Only in America!

This is almost as gross as when Damone referred to torture as "interrogation". That's all he did? Exercised his freedom of speech. That's it. You don't even understand freedom of speech you fucking idiot.

Is the NBA the police? Can they only consider things that were obtained legally? Are you that fucking stupid?

Since when did it become illegal and punishable when exercising freedom of speech in your own home?

And yes... it was an illegal taping. It would not hold in a court of law. But apparently it is ok in the court of public opinion, unless it is obtained from the NSA.

NBA franchises are not the property of individual owners to do whatever they choose to do with them. That's why the NBA has a Constitution and bylaws and shit.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

You can choke a coach

And you can still play.

But ...

Only in America!

NBA franchises are not the property of individual owners to do whatever they choose to do with them. That's why the NBA has a Constitution and bylaws and shit.
    He is not choosing to do anything with the franchise. He's potentially being forced to sell for comments made in private. Francisees are just as protected as franchisors.

Again, it is no shock he is a racist. The NBA would have been better off to take action when the dude was being sued for discrimination ... twice.

The NBA is just like Tiger's wife ... they didn't care until the public found out. And now they are overreacting.

Mark Cuban, an NBA franchise owner, agrees with me:

"In no uncertain terms am I supporting what Donald Sterling said, or his position," Cuban said. "He's obviously racist, he's obviously bigoted. And in this day and age when you're in the public eye, you've got to be damn careful -- if that's your position, and that's unfortunately where you're at, you better be damn careful what you say, even in the privacy of your own home.

"But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

You can choke a coach

And you can still play.

But ...

Only in America!

The NBA has a constitution. One that Sterling agreed to when he purchased the team. It states that the other owners can vote him out. He will get slaughtered if he fights this.

And holy shit are you stupid. It's not about what he believes. He's believed this racist shit his whole life, everyone knew it and the NBA did nothing. Think.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

You can choke a coach

And you can still play.

But ...

Only in America!

He is not choosing to do anything with the franchise. He's potentially being forced to sell for comments made in private. Francisees are just as protected as franchisors.

Again, it is no shock he is a racist. The NBA would have been better off to take action when the dude was being sued for discrimination ... twice.

The NBA is just like Tiger's wife ... they didn't care until the public found out. And now they are overreacting.

Mark Cuban, an NBA franchise owner, agrees with me:

"In no uncertain terms am I supporting what Donald Sterling said, or his position," Cuban said. "He's obviously racist, he's obviously bigoted. And in this day and age when you're in the public eye, you've got to be damn careful -- if that's your position, and that's unfortunately where you're at, you better be damn careful what you say, even in the privacy of your own home.

"But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."
    I can't think of anything more American than a bunch of rich guys telling someone they can't be a part of their club anymore.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

You can choke a coach

And you can still play.

But ...

Only in America!

The NBA has a constitution. One that Sterling agreed to when he purchased the team. It states that the other owners can vote him out. He will get slaughtered if he fights this.

And holy shit are you stupid. It's not about what he believes. He's believed this racist shit his whole life, everyone knew it and the NBA did nothing. Think.
    What's their constitution? Link? I'd like to read it.

It's all about this one recording being made public. It's a PR issue. I.e. A money issue. Nothing more. Other owners don't actually give a fuck that he's a racist. If you think they do, your naive.
  • Options

The owners can vote him out, and create a very slippery slope for themselves if they do.

And you are fucking stupid if you think a simple vote will get him out, contracts/constitutions mean shit to guys with 1.9 billion dollars ...

I love this line of defense when you have nothing but bullshit to spew:

Holy shit are you stupid. Blah Blah Blah ... I'm so smart ... Think.

What's there to think about dumb fuck.

The NBA is embarrassed and trying to cover their ass.

If the dude chooses to fight he has a case. He broke no laws, none ...

As I stated ... more than 1 NBA owner agrees with me.

• Options
    The league constitution allows owners to be forced out for ­offenses such as gambling, rigging games or ordering the team not to show up for games. There is nothing that fits Sterling’s comments precisely. The closest might be a provision to force a sale if an owner should “fail or refuse to fulfill its contractual obligations . . . in such a way as to affect the Association or its Members adversely.”

• Options
    topdawgnc said:

The owners can vote him out, and create a very slippery slope for themselves if they do.

And you are fucking stupid if you think a simple vote will get him out, contracts/constitutions mean shit to guys with 1.9 billion dollars ...

Slipper slope argument. Noted.

I continue to call you an idiot because I can't believe how stupid the things you say are.

You better check Mark Cubans timeline, homie. "I agree 100% with the actions taken against Sterling". Oops.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

The league constitution allows owners to be forced out for ­offenses such as gambling, rigging games or ordering the team not to show up for games. There is nothing that fits Sterling’s comments precisely. The closest might be a provision to force a sale if an owner should “fail or refuse to fulfill its contractual obligations . . . in such a way as to affect the Association or its Members adversely.”

So you're also aware that the NBA could terminate his franschise and he wouldn't get a dime for it? That's what happens when Sterling fights this. Sterling won't own this team next season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

topdawgnc said:

So you're also aware that the NBA could terminate his franschise and he wouldn't get a dime for it? That's what happens when Sterling fights this. Sterling won't own this team next season.
    BINGO. If Sterling is smart he cuts his losses and sells the team. Otherwise the NBA will purchase the team from him which is the valued 575 million. If he chooses to sell he'll get much much more than 575 million.

Sterling has no case at all. Silver is a former lawyer himself, he isn't going to make a landmark decision that was illegal. It is why he waited a few days before making a decision making sure everything was in the clear legally.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    priapism said:
    Underrated- Stephen Jackson having Artests back in the stands. Ride or fucking die.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

I continue to call you an idiot because I can't believe how stupid the things you say are.

You better check Mark Cubans timeline, homie. "I agree 100% with the actions taken against Sterling". Oops.

topdawgnc said:

Bullshit.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I think the only solution is for whites to make up and define a negative racialist term for whites that other races could use to disparage them with and market it well...in order to get some of this lost racialist $$ back.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Homie ...

Checked his time line.

He agrees with his actions ...

Sterling was not told to sell the team. He was banned, which Cuban agreed with.

Are you really that fucking stupid?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Homie ...

Checked his time line.

He agrees with his actions ...

Sterling was not told to sell the team. He was banned, which Cuban agreed with.

Are you really that fucking stupid?
    No owner wants to touch this thing and get crucified by the media. It wouldn't be a smart move for them, and there is no point to stick up for an idiot like Sterling. He was an incompetent fuck for a long time before this controversy. He only had a couple winning season out of the 30 years he has owned the franchise. The Clippers were a laughingstock for years, and probably would have continued to be if not for a gift wrapped Chris Paul.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Stop sucking dnc's dick.
    Nobody likes a cock block Sven