Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Let's play a game of What Happened?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited April 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
Its 2025. The Huskies just finished the year 11-2 and Pac12 champions. They beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl 34-0. Doogles was last seen at 2am dancing atop a table at the Van Nuys Red Lobster with a lampshade upon his head and his pants around his ankles.

What happened to get us there?

Its 2025. The final seconds tick off the Husky Stadium clock as WSU wins its 5th Apple Cup in a row. Washington finishes the season 4-8.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    Founders Club

Its 2025. The Huskies just finished the year 11-2 and Pac12 champions. They beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl 34-0. Doogles was last seen at 2am dancing atop a table at the Van Nuys Red Lobster with a lampshade upon his head and his pants around his ankles.

Athletic Director Stan Empertman clears house of all head coaches in every sport and reinstates WASHINGTON, damnit!

Its 2025. The final seconds tick off the Husky Stadium clock as WSU wins its 5th Apple Cup in a row. Washington finishes the season 4-8.

Athletic Director Karen Ramming keeps her consecutive days of selfie pics at 1095.

I don't think you get the point of the game.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,484
    Founders Club
    We? don't deal in hypotheticals.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have no idea, sounds like either way 2025 will be special
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A: DeBoer takes Pete/Lake players and has early success. Cohen takes the Big12 commish job. UW hires a proven AD. NIL irons itself out. The NCAA puts some governors in place and big $$$ doners realize their ROI is twash. KD parlays his first two years of success into better classes and Emeka, Connerly, Limar and Wayne all transfer home culminating in that 11-2 record and white washing of Pedo State in the Rose Bowl.

B: DeBoer takes Pete/Lake players and has early success. Cohen stays as AD. Nebraska comes calling for DeBoer after two years and with that BIG10 money offers him 8.5 million to resurrect the Cornhusker program. Cohen hires Grubb as HC on the cheap looking to sustain what it appeared KD was building. Grubb isn’t up to the task and UW craters. Again.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    A. The manhaters club at the helm of UW starts to disintegrate, and a more balanced form of leadership ensues -- one that understands the realities of college athletics today and the untapped resources in the UW business community. Players get PAID, Deboner schwings and life is good.

B. More of the same from 2022 ... NIL continues to mean "nil" and the talent on UW's roster is full of two- and three-star guys "with a lotta heart." Those guys with heart get beaten down by guys with actual football skills, and four wins is actually a miracle. 22,060 show up on senior day to wish the big-hearted boys all the best against the Deboner-led Beavs, who beat the Scott Huff-led Huskies 68-3. After the season, Cohen is quoted as saying, "I'm really proud of these guys. While we'd like to have more wins, the four we got were really awesome. Any Husky fan who isn't happy about the direction of the program can kiss my expansive leopard-tattooed butt." Huff signs a lifetime contract, which includes all the Dicks Deluxes he can eat.
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2022
    We? obviously sold a FUUUCK TON of MF hats, pom -poms, foam fingers and fanny packs. Not to mention J Cohens untimely stroke that leads to an early retirement where she slurps vodka through a sippy cup. Petersman accepts the role of interim AD and at the core of it all; the hiring of KD turning out as one of the luckiest hires by any institution that didn’t deserve success in spite of itself in the last 30 years.

FUCK!! Still no Natty contention??
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Why is it taking 3 years to get to 11-2?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    Founders Club

Athletic Director Stan Empertman clears house of all head coaches in every sport and reinstates WASHINGTON, damnit!

Athletic Director Karen Ramming keeps her consecutive days of selfie pics at 1095.

I don't think you get the point of the game.

I think I do.

If you have to look to others for validation then I can't help you
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Scenario A: Deboer is the Unicorn Offensive Minded Coach Jen/UW hoped for when they hired him, and much like Chip at Oregon, teams haven't caught up trying to stop his offense i.e. he built a better mouse trap.

Scenario B: Recruiting continues as it has been for last 2 plus years and UW thru little to no NIL presence, along with a staff who has nothing to sell record, program wise have to take plan C guys because plan A guys laugh at thought of coming here, and plan B guys essentially wait for better offers forcing UW to take what is left.
    edited April 2022
    A) John Donovan works his way up through the ranks of the Green Bay Packers and becomes head coach in '25, revitalizing an ancient QB in Aaron Rodgers with his offensive wizardry and winning a super bowl over Russell Wilson's vaunted Denver Broncos

B. Pea Patch
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who did we lose to?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    A. Bill gates has a kid who’s really into football
    B. Nothing changes
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

A. The manhaters club at the helm of UW starts to disintegrate, and a more balanced form of leadership ensues -- one that understands the realities of college athletics today and the untapped resources in the UW business community. Players get PAID, Deboner schwings and life is good.

B. More of the same from 2022 ... NIL continues to mean "nil" and the talent on UW's roster is full of two- and three-star guys "with a lotta heart." Those guys with heart get beaten down by guys with actual football skills, and four wins is actually a miracle. 22,060 show up on senior day to wish the big-hearted boys all the best against the Deboner-led Beavs, who beat the Scott Huff-led Huskies 68-3. After the season, Cohen is quoted as saying, "I'm really proud of these guys. While we'd like to have more wins, the four we got were really awesome. Any Husky fan who isn't happy about the direction of the program can kiss my expansive leopard-tattooed butt." Huff signs a lifetime contract, which includes all the Dicks Deluxes he can eat.

I never read anything you type but please keep posting because that ass slap is the stuff of legend.
    Swaye said:

TheHB said:

I never read anything you type but please keep posting because that ass slap is the stuff of legend.
    I used to Chin everyone of his posts because of the assslapgif, not sure why I stopped...my sincere apologies @TheHB
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

TheHB said:

Swaye is a pussy. I don’t need to SAY IT TO HIS FACE! because he’ll never know I called him that.