Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greg Biggins on KJR: "Budda Baker a must get."

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Let me save you from asking the question: I respect Biggins. That is why I listened to the podcast.

Anyway, he said that Budda Baker is as close to a "must get" as Washington has this year. Then he was asked where he would rank behind in last year's class. Biggins' answer was classic: "He would probably rank right behind Max Browne and Myles Jack."

Uhh....weren't Max Browne and Myles Jack the "must gets" in last year's class? LOL

Link: sportsradiokjr.com/player/?station=KJR-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=Dawgman.xml&mid=23318636

Comments

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's early in the recruiting process. Baker's recruitment will end on signing day or close to it. If you're going to get worked up about it in June, you may want to take a break. Washington is in great position to get him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he signs somewhere else.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They were must gets. So were Garnett, DeCastro, Schilling, Mays, Stewart, etc . Fans are so used to losing elite in state guys and getting censored on DM that when we whiff on a guy it becomes, "in state recruiting doesn't matter, just get the best guys", "We got so and so instead, so who cares?", "We'll be fine", "Next year will be loaded"... You get the gist.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And its awfully warm for February. Its also early.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

As of today, he's a must get. If Sark doesn't get him then its just silly to call him a must get.

Heads Sark wins, tails you lose.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

After Budda inevitably commits to UCLA , this will be the doog response.

"I'm not sold on Budda. He is too small to play safety and he is not a corner. He won't be able to play RB because he is too small. Bellevue guys don't have a great track record of living up to their hype in college. Remember JR Hasty? Plus, he is going to UCLA where all the elite guys go to get soft. I hear rumblings that Mora could implode if they start to lose games."

Budda's a good player, but I like the 2 star safety we stole from Fresno State better. He's much bigger than Budda and has a way higher ceiling. There's a reason Oregon coaches are trying to get in an home with him. He bleeds purple and gold though, he's a Dawg!

If you are going to bash JR Hasty then I AM OUT!!!!!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

They were must gets. So were Garnett, DeCastro, Schilling, Mays, Stewart, etc . Fans are so used to losing elite in state guys and getting censored on DM that when we whiff on a guy it becomes, "in state recruiting doesn't matter, just get the best guys", "We got so and so instead, so who cares?", "We'll be fine", "Next year will be loaded"... You get the gist.

You forgot "he wasn't a good fit for UW's system - if he wasn't from Washington they wouldn't have even offered him" and of course "I only want guys who BLEED purple"

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    Swaye's Wigwam

After Budda inevitably commits to UCLA , this will be the doog response.

"I'm not sold on Budda. He is too small to play safety and he is not a corner. He won't be able to play RB because he is too small. Bellevue guys don't have a great track record of living up to their hype in college. Remember JR Hasty? Plus, he is going to UCLA where all the elite guys go to get soft. I hear rumblings that Mora could implode if they start to lose games."

Budda's a good player, but I like the 2 star safety we stole from Fresno State better. He's much bigger than Budda and has a way higher ceiling. There's a reason Oregon coaches are trying to get in an home with him. He bleeds purple and gold though, he's a Dawg!

If you are going to bash JR Hasty then I AM OUT!!!!!
    He always played like the best player on the field
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club

As of today, he's a must get. If Sark doesn't get him then its just silly to call him a must get.

"You've reached the offices of Lowered Expectations, Inc...:"
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He wil never qualify.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    the other problem with Budda is that if we get him then you can cue up the "finally we got the guy we can build a program around, so if we can redshirt him and then in a couple years we'll be..."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013
    Some guys just need to get away. Trust me, Budda has some influences he needed to get away from.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

When Budda inevitably commits to UCLA , this will be the doog response.

"Budda's a good player, but I like the 2 star safety we stole from Fresno State better. He's much bigger than Budda and has a way higher ceiling. Do you know how many schools are trying to get an in home with him now that he is committed to UW? Nothing to worry about though, he bleeds purple and gold and is 100% Dawg!"

This will be followed by a bunch of +1's, and "it was a great class" type of posts. One guy will say, but we missed Baker and two other top recruits decommitted on signing day, so it wasn't a great class in his eyes. Then a bunch of posters will gang up on him and Kim will give him a warning to stop being so negative and to dig a little deeper.

Crystal Ball Post of The Week.

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Passion said:

Let me save you from asking the question: I respect Biggins. That is why I listened to the podcast.

Anyway, he said that Budda Baker is as close to a "must get" as Washington has this year. Then he was asked where he would rank behind in last year's class. Biggins' answer was classic: "He would probably rank right behind Max Browne and Myles Jack."

Uhh....weren't Max Browne and Myles Jack the "must gets" in last year's class? LOL

Link: sportsradiokjr.com/player/?station=KJR-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=Dawgman.xml&mid=23318636

Prediction. As the 2014 LOI day draws nearer a certain Husky website will report in chat that Baker is "really burning some bridges" and is, in fact, "and idiot". Of course that's followed closely by the actual LOI day when he signs with another school...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Prediction. As the 2014 LOI day draws nearer a certain Husky website will report in chat that Baker is "really burning some bridges" and is, in fact, "and idiot". Of course that's followed closely by the actual LOI day when he signs with another school...
    I look forward to a certain small man in skinny jeans calling any recruit "an idiot" between now and February.

Hi Kim!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Take this shit to the teen boy stalking bored
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Seems like we've heard the must get local prep hero routine before while watching them run away from home to pursue college life somewhere else far away. Or perhaps there's just an echo in here.

The hype certainly can't be a Great Expectations kind of curse on Sark's recruiting,..... can it? The days of must get local recruits are apparently over....... at least until there's much more than seven wins, minor bowl losses, and a new stadium to make Montlake when offered the only choice for the best local talent.

• Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

"Budda's a good player, but I like the 2 star safety we stole from Fresno State better. He's much bigger than Budda and has a way higher ceiling. Do you know how many schools are trying to get an in home with him now that he is committed to UW? Nothing to worry about though, he bleeds purple and gold and is 100% Dawg!"

This will be followed by a bunch of +1's, and "it was a great class" type of posts. One guy will say, but we missed Baker and two other top recruits decommitted on signing day, so it wasn't a great class in his eyes. Then a bunch of posters will gang up on him and Kim will give him a warning to stop being so negative and to dig a little deeper.

If you've come here to beat your chest, you won't last long.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you've come here to beat your chest, you won't last long.
    Beat, your, last, long... There's a joke in there somewhere, I just can't figure it out.