Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2014 Pac-12 OOC Schedules

2»

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Michigan State is a shitty OOC game huh? They aren't the team the won the Rose Bowl by beating Stanford, were they?

One good game doesn't make up for the rest of the OOC schedule being shitty.

HTH
    Wrong. Here is the way I see it. If any team has one OOC opponent out of the 3 that will be ranked in the top 5 nationally, it's not a shitty OOC lineup. HTH. Also, ANY OOC teams that Cal schedules will be better than they are, in particular Notre Dame. So for them, it's all quality OOC teams. USC and Stanford also have Notre Dame scheduled. So every PAC 12 team this year, with the exception of Oregon and Cal (and Stanfurd, USC somewhat) are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Oregon will play a top 5 team. Equivalent to scheduling 3 teams ranked #25.
    Convenient.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Michigan State is a shitty OOC game huh? They aren't the team the won the Rose Bowl by beating Stanford, were they?

HTH
    Wrong. Here is the way I see it. If any team has one OOC opponent out of the 3 that will be ranked in the top 5 nationally, it's not a shitty OOC lineup. HTH. Also, ANY OOC teams that Cal schedules will be better than they are, in particular Notre Dame. So for them, it's all quality OOC teams. USC and Stanford also have Notre Dame scheduled. So every PAC 12 team this year, with the exception of Oregon and Cal (and Stanfurd, USC somewhat) are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Oregon will play a top 5 team. Equivalent to scheduling 3 teams ranked #25.
    Convenient.
    I'd say the same if it were UW playing MSU.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,503
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Awesome, you just made up your own criteria for evaluating a schedule and, OH HEY LOOK, Oregon has an awesome OOC now? It's an ACD schedule. South Dakota went 4-8 last year in DI-AA, which is a solid D. Wyoming is a C level opponent being in the lower half of the MWC the last 2 years. Yeah, I'm thrilled you're playing MSU, it's the best OOC match-up all season,m= but South Dakota and Wyoming are still two-thirds of your OCC and those are dreckfests.

Also, Cal isn't playing Notre Dame, they have Northwestern, Sac St. and BYU, which looks like a BBD schedule. You shouldn't really change the perception of Cal's OOC b/c they are shitty. USC has a nice ABC schedule, same with UCLA. Stanford and Oregon both have ACD. FWIW, Washington is a CCDD which is awful and the reason I made this thread.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

HTH
    Since when is Michigan State a top 5 team? They had their best year I can ever remember them having last year. Most years they aren't that great. We'll see if they are as good as their ranking. Your schedule is better than UW's, but it still sucks. You are playing South Dakota and Wyoming. Get rid of South Dakota and put a real team in and I will call it a good schedule.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

Why aren't the Coogs playing @ Portland St?

They might draw more than 15k there.

+1.

Plus I could take the gloves off with a lot of my Coog friends.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Re: horrible schedules. I'm hoping there will come a point when fans start to boycott watching games on TV. I'm afraid that's the only way it will improve, and I'm also afraid that probably won't happen.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Re: horrible schedules. I'm hoping there will come a point when fans start to boycott watching games on TV. I'm afraid that's the only way it will improve, and I'm also afraid that probably won't happen.

It would help if people didn't buy season tickets to support this fucking dreckfest.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

It would help if people didn't buy season tickets to support this fucking dreckfest.
    Phil Bleenor went on a Doogman rant about how happy he was with the home schedule and how his club seats are such a great value considering he gets UCLA, Stanford, and ASU.

When you have retards like him as fans there's no way Woody grabs his nutsack and schedules REAL OOC competition.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

That helps too. If people (I'm talking fans of all 60 something BCS schools) stop watching Middle Fucking Tennessee Tech Bloodletting school vs. their team, the TV networks will lose ratings, some ad revenue, and will immediately pressure the conferences to schedule better.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Only a retard or hater (maybe both) would consider an ooc schedule bad with a top 5 team on it