Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We’re screwed

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

Top notch player evaluations

Turner had his pick of schools, as is the way of it with high 4* players. They were all wrong and it happens.

You're better than the average quook or doog fucktard. Don't lower yourself.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188
    chuck said:

Turner had his pick of schools, as is the way of it with high 4* players. They were all wrong and it happens.

Slightly better than a doog or quook? So, just left of horseshit?.

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188
    TheHB said:

EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

Slightly better than a doog or quook? So, just left of horseshit?.

I forgot that the 2 steps left of horse shit was a Fred VonAppen quote from his uh days. He didn't last long.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
    edited April 2022
    Your team sucks

My team sucks

The trooj and the quook own the pac

Then again they'll both figure out how to lose to us or the beavelet and prove the pacs patheticness

It is known
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

Your team sucks

My team sucks

The trooj and the quook own the pac

I wish I could go 4-8 and get raped at home by everyone,

or

face the firing squad, twice in 2 weeks, that is the mighty Utes, when you have multiple top 12 classes and future NFL HOF Kavon T. MWhesttingham had classes that this board would melt down over.
    Get players who care. Get a winning culture. And fucking win.

Tradition as old as time.
    I don't know where to put this but people are already saying bone daWg would leave Washington if he was successful.

LOL. Look at the search committee.

His values are the same as Pete's. Except he isn't so stuck in his ways as to burn clock distributing the ball to Fuller and BachDaWg in critical games.

Grow the fuck up.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
    haie said:

I don't know where to put this but people are already saying bone daWg would leave Washington if he was successful.

His values are the same as Pete's. Except he isn't so stuck in his ways as to burn clock distributing the ball to Fuller and BachDaWg in critical games.

Grow the fuck up.

Eh the yoot is in a strange historical circumstance in which their coach has been there forever. The moment he's gone that erodes and they can't compete in the arms race.

They do have the Mormon thing going for them but idk if that can keep them afloat
    edited April 2022

haie said:

Grow the fuck up.

Eh the yoot is in a strange historical circumstance in which their coach has been there forever. The moment he's gone that erodes and they can't compete in the arms race.

They do have the Mormon thing going for them but idk if that can keep them afloat
    Like it or not they've succeeded in college football with multiple coaches in multiple conferences. Because of culture.

I didn't want them in the Pac and I still don't. West coast blood. Fuck them and Colorado.

Pete somehow had the Superior culture from 2016-18.

But they absolutely pink socked the most talent rich team in league twice who had a coach who is better than who they have now. Miami didn't want no Lan Danning fluff bullshit.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,631
    Maybe the light is going off for Turner, I'm not ready to write him off.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

TXDawg said:

Let's remember that basically he's a kid. We don't have to spout fake optimism, but let's give him a chance to succeed under different coaches.

This is where I'm at. Yes, I'd like us to be back-back, but I'll take visibly better play from the current players over their performance last year. If we see that, then maybe we got some coaches that can coach...and that would be a BIG improvement.
    As you pointed out on the pod, Kevin King went from the most universally hated player on the team to one of the most loved after a coaching change. Maybe Asa can follow the same path
    JFC.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    When are we not?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,678 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sometimes players get better. Sometimes they dont.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Sometimes players get better. Sometimes they dont.

Either way it’s going to be interesting. Or maybe not.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Sources said:

A lot of things to criticize Lake for. Evaluating DBs is not one of them. Asa just ended up being a pansy
    That’s fair
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited April 2022
    chuck said:

Not slamming the recruiting aspect. I’m slamming the current praise he’s getting from the current coaching staff. Teams whiff on recruits all the time. Oregon had a 5 star defensive tackle that was supposed to be the next great. He ended his career with i think 2 tackles.

Turner has a proven track record. A track record that isn’t fixed by practice. I just don’t see how he’s any different then he has been before, because his problem is more of fortitude and not technique.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,631

chuck said:

Not slamming the recruiting aspect. I’m slamming the current praise he’s getting from the current coaching staff. Teams whiff on recruits all the time. Oregon had a 5 star defensive tackle that was supposed to be the next great. He ended his career with i think 2 tackles.

Turner has a proven track record. A track record that isn’t fixed by practice. I just don’t see how he’s any different then he has been before, because his problem is more of fortitude and not technique.
    "Fortitude" is a good word to describe it and my hope (hopium?) is that a sit down talk with the new staff and adding muscle / weight will lead to a "fortitude light" going off for him.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

"Fortitude" is a good word to describe it and my hope (hopium?) is that a sit down talk with the new staff and adding muscle / weight will lead to a "fortitude light" going off for him.
    My hope is that he has the fortitude to portaltude.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Grow the fuck up.

I hope we have that problem