Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Russian Generals dropping like flies

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

No person in history uses more words to say less than her.
    She does less with more?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    Founders Club

Kaepsknee said:

No one outside the Ukraine really knows who is winning and who is losing in Ukraine.

I’ve been able to reach my grandmother a few times on her cell, she has an overly rosy view since she gets her news from Ukrainian TV and radio. She’s also in Kyiv, fairly close (~30 KM) to the Russian high tide mark they’ve been pushed back from. She says after the first week they thought the Russians might take the capital, but now the Russians have had to “withdraw” because they were getting slaughtered. They did a shit ton of damage to the outlying towns, though. Just destroyed everything out of spite.
    I’m

A friend, one of the few people there I trust/groomsmen level type friend, has a more realistic outlook based on what he’s doing. He also says Kyiv is safe for now, but the Russians aren’t going to stop trying to cleave the country. They’ve moved from taking land to terrorizing the people into submission. Donbas and particularly Luhansk - where it’s been going on for eight years- is an apocalyptic wasteland of fighting between elite units from both, bolstered by what they call “cannon meat”. He says both sides have shown restraint compared to what they’re capable of, because they don’t think it’s ending soon. It’s still much more bloody than one would think if they only watched BeeBeeSee or our other Western bitch pederast media.
    what's her view of Zelensky?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    War crime update: the scale is unfathomable. Russians never expected to retreat from the occupied areas. Western media holds back the worst of it, and the brutality is everything that was expected and then some. Makes the Yugoslav wars seem like a miniature version with restraint. In the last 24 hours 400+ civilian corpses found just between two liberated suburban towns by Kyiv with a combined prewar population of ~60,000.

Mass graves, people with their hands tied and shot, people hiding in basements blown up with hand grenades or set in fire, children dead from bleeding caused by gang rapes, thousands of women subjected to sexual violence, stomach turning torture, people killed just for fun, civil leaders and officials slaughtered with their families. Old people saying that the German blitzkrieg and occupation was nowhere near this horrific.

Human Rights Watch is fairly mild, but I figure for the gentle American consumer this is more appropriate versus other sources: https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/04/03/ukraine-apparent-war-crimes-russia-controlled-areas
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

War crime update: the scale is unfathomable. Russians never expected to retreat from the occupied areas. Western media holds back the worst of it, and the brutality is everything that was expected and then some. Makes the Yugoslav wars seem like a miniature version with restraint. In the last 24 hours 400+ civilian corpses found just between two liberated suburban towns by Kyiv with a combined prewar population of ~60,000.

Mass graves, people with their hands tied and shot, people hiding in basements blown up with hand grenades or set in fire, children dead from bleeding caused by gang rapes, thousands of women subjected to sexual violence, stomach turning torture, people killed just for fun, civil leaders and officials slaughtered with their families. Old people saying that the German blitzkrieg and occupation was nowhere near this horrific.

Human Rights Watch is fairly mild, but I figure for the gentle American consumer this is more appropriate versus other sources: https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/04/03/ukraine-apparent-war-crimes-russia-controlled-areas

It's almost like the American founders with the 2A had a plan other than being slaughtered and raped.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

46XiJCAB said:

Reports are that up to 7 Russian generals have been KIA thus far. Seems that the Russian Army decided to rely upon cell towers in Ukraine for their communications. The Ukrainian military has been intercepting their communications and then pinpointing their locations, then dropping missiles on their heads.

Also reports of Russian soldiers shooting themselves to get sent home. Sabotaging their own equipment and even, reportedly, shooting down one of their own aircraft on purpose. Looks like 200K Russians having a time with 600K Ukrainian soldiers.

Home team battling their ranked opponent.

"Over rated, Over rated"
    But Doogman said the Russian military was 5*. I’m so surprised that when they got on the field, they couldn’t perform.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's almost like the American founders with the 2A had a plan other than being slaughtered and raped.
    People forget what a single-minded piece of shit you are, Gasbag.

They forget.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    TXDawg said:

46XiJCAB said:

Reports are that up to 7 Russian generals have been KIA thus far. Seems that the Russian Army decided to rely upon cell towers in Ukraine for their communications. The Ukrainian military has been intercepting their communications and then pinpointing their locations, then dropping missiles on their heads.

Also reports of Russian soldiers shooting themselves to get sent home. Sabotaging their own equipment and even, reportedly, shooting down one of their own aircraft on purpose. Looks like 200K Russians having a time with 600K Ukrainian soldiers.

"Over rated, Over rated"
    But Doogman said the Russian military was 5*. I’m so surprised that when they got on the field, they couldn’t perform.
    In hindsight, the overall corruption of the Russian culture contaminated their military. Like the Olympics in Sochi, a huge amount of the construction funding was stolen and then the subsequent actual construction was world class sh*tty. The quality of the American officer class of the US military was a result of a strict meritocracy rather than payoffs. That's being undermined as fast as the dems can get there. The Russians obviously have serious morale problems, logistic problems and leadership problems as a result of corruption and promoted incompetents. And like the US in Iraq and Afghanistan they have had a complete failure in their intelligence agencies. Plus who wants to tell a murderous dictator like Putin the hard truth?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Dazzler is incapable of telling the truth on an anonymous message board, he’d be even a bigger pussy in front of Putin.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Dazzler is incapable of telling the truth on an anonymous message board, he’d be even a bigger pussy in front of Putin.

Ironic, that the dazzler is firmly in the "torture doesn't work camp". He wouldn't last a minute.
  • Options

I don’t think my guns would help me against a Russian battalion tactical group. With my rifle I could probably take out a fair number of red coats before they could reload their smooth bore muskets for a second volley, but a T-72 tank might be another matter.
  • Options

TXDawg said:

46XiJCAB said:

"Over rated, Over rated"
    In hindsight, the overall corruption of the Russian culture contaminated their military. Like the Olympics in Sochi, a huge amount of the construction funding was stolen and then the subsequent actual construction was world class sh*tty. The quality of the American officer class of the US military was a result of a strict meritocracy rather than payoffs. That's being undermined as fast as the dems can get there. The Russians obviously have serious morale problems, logistic problems and leadership problems as a result of corruption and promoted incompetents. And like the US in Iraq and Afghanistan they have had a complete failure in their intelligence agencies. Plus who wants to tell a murderous dictator like Putin the hard truth?
    You make some very good points; the corruption is so endemic across all ranks there that when the Russians showed up for what the junior officers thought were war games (until a few days prior) they wrote down that they had full fuel supplies. Half had been sold off, because they didn’t think they’d actually need them. No ones going to tell Putin he’s one of the few who considers their army sacred, while an underpaid major wants to get facial hair removal surgery for his wife and daughter, and penis enlargement surgery for himself. Maybe even a vacation to an all inclusive resort in Turkey where he will drink his weight in alcohol to get his moneys worth.

The other good point is that nepotism and bribery secures a place at their military academies, whereas ours are mostly meritocracy based. I’ve known several people who went to West Point, including my future BiL plus a deserter that joined the FFL, and they were all qualified, type A personality overachievers, excellent physical condition, etc. Those who stay for their careers, like the BiL, are well compensated but are also turning down more lucrative opportunities because they want to do this and with each promotion the best are kept. There are some politics, but mostly meritocracy on the road to colonel. In Russia they hang on to their rank to help facilitate their corruption based income.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm hearing they only meant 2A to apply to muskets
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t think my guns would help me against a Russian battalion tactical group. With my rifle I could probably take out a fair number of red coats before they could reload their smooth bore muskets for a second volley, but a T-72 tank might be another matter.
    2A Allows you to have a T-72 tank.

HTH.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

How would you prefer to go out?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

People forget what a single-minded piece of shit you are, Gasbag.

They forget.
    You should diafffr.
  • Options

How would you prefer to go out?
    Dressed well, to a nice steakhouse.
  • Options

2A Allows you to have a T-72 tank.

HTH.
    If you have one it might not help. Tanks don’t usually battle other tanks. Tanks are more of an attack spearhead type of thing to support infantry, so unless there’s two head on assaults occurring that’s very unlikely. A Russian tactical battalion will have two anti-tank groups for each tank group. So what you’d need to counter that is something more along the lines of an RPG. Or the much more effective and costly guided anti-tank weaponry we see being used now: Javelin (US), NLAW (UK), Stugna (Ukraine). Another effective weapon has been the John Deere tractor.

This is actually a SAM system, but it looks close enough to a tank for most people.

Russians have been running out of fuel, breaking down too far past their lines, or just plain abandoning their shit, from Howitzers to BTRs to this very expensive thing. Ukrainian farmers love them some John Deere.

Anyway, unsurprisingly, you missed the point. 2A isn’t germane to the discussion at hand, so I’m guessing the person who brought that up was just looking for any reason to bring it up - relevance be damned. I wasted time on the current state of tank warfare, might as well if we’re just saying what we feel like. I wish you luck in your pursuit of a T-72, but if that fails and you’re interested in a tank that can bypass NFA as an antique then I’d recommend the 1916 Renault FT. With diesel prices being what they are this thing allows for much more economically efficient war crimes, and can fit in most garages.