Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,267
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sooooo many stories...One of the better ones was in '90, we were in AZ "snowbirding" it, and playing a team from Kansas, who was 0-10 on their swing, and had the bus packed, ready to go home after the game. We were blowing them out, and I sent a runner home on a base hit...a bang-bang play, my guy slides in clean, and the catcher drops the ball, safe. The catcher sees the ball on the ground, and starts pummeling my guy...chaos.

Full Pier 6 brawl, everybody going for it. As we got it broken up, one of my guys has got blood all over his jersey. I asked if he was OK, and he looked at me and said, "his nose just exploded"...later, someone said that one of their big guys got one of our best pitchers in a headlock, and was about to wail away, and bloody guy put HIM in a headlock and gave him the business...My boy became an FBI agent...

Couple things here...after we got them separated and sent to their "corners", we meet with the umps, and their head coach says "that was fucking awesome", and we all agreed (umps included)...this convo happened after many on-field skirmishes I have been part of.

It was 1990, amid an MLB lockout, and we were playing at a complex where the A's trained, and their staff was watching minor leaguers on a field just below ours. As we broke it up, we hear a rather larger group golf clap...I looked up, and the field was ringed with green jerseys, and Tony LaRussa and staff were next to our dugout, applauding...CSB
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,601
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Good story FishPo.. you do tell the best stories.. keep em coming buddy.
  • Options
    When I started out, it was rough on me, because I looked young enough to be a player. Working in Cali, the skipper told me my job was to protect a couple of our prized freshmen when we threw down...one game against Cal Lutheran, I was in the middle of it and got punched in the back of the head, I turned around and told the kid "don't hit me, I'm a coach"...well, he hit me 2 more times, and on the third one I raised up and knocked him the fuck out...the skip was standing right there, and he was laughing his ass off.

You may wonder about the instructions I was given, but we brawled 6-7 times in 40 games...Nowdays, if a player even defends himself from some aggression, they get a 5 game suspension...#pussification
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,874
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    This is why I always hide weapons in my pockets when I play sports.
  • Options
    The worst part of brawling for me back in the day was trying to get the eye black out of white uniforms…the kids would get it on their knuckles and hands and wipe it on their pants…
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Time to share your tips ~ we've all got laundry issues
  • Options
    Oxyclean, a scrub brush and a lot of elbow grease…find it on the “Brawl” aisle at your local retailer
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @pawz me too... LOL, very interesting material...