Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some words on the Hardcore Husky podcast

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,152
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

haie said:

This thread would be much more interesting if we could fold in a little Bothell Couger football chat.

Jacob Sirmon sucked and it was obvious from his days at Bothell.
    Derek did call that out from the beginning, and the TSIO daWgs didn't accept that (Hi @Tequilla )

There's even a juicy @Dennis_DeYoung post where he rips Derek for devaluating Sirmon because of a high school rivalry. (I still love DDY/FuckRobot for what it's worth).

But when @BendDawg24 confirms it you know it's true.
    Stubborn arrogance. I can’t imagine thinking a Hudl film validates my opinion against a guy that had seen Sirmon play in person multiple times.
    The thing about Sirmon for me was that it was always about getting someone with very obvious arm talent into the picture and trying to develop the skills.

The reason I was pretty against the whole idea that 6 INTs in a high school game guaranteed a bust is because it assumes that players won’t grow and improve.

I’ve been pretty vocal over the years that the reason you develop high end players over and over is because busts happen and by creating competition you do your best to ensure a good player emerges

Lots of HS recruits turn out to be busts
    Hang on there, Sparky. I never guaranteed he was going to be a bust, and I never said my opinion was based on one game with six interceptions. I saw him play four games, and I saw various red flags in each of them. I said something like there should be deep concerns about him, especially the way he was handling adversity and having a meltdown in the huddle. When the mental pressure was on, he was overthrowing everybody by five feet. Other people, not you, were accusing me of rooting against Sirmon but that wasn't true either. I was just explaining what I saw and the hunches I had.
    I've never really understood what the beef was until now. I don't live on the main bored like I did from 2013-2015 though.
    Manufactured beef
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

haie said:

This thread would be much more interesting if we could fold in a little Bothell Couger football chat.

Derek did call that out from the beginning, and the TSIO daWgs didn't accept that (Hi @Tequilla )

There's even a juicy @Dennis_DeYoung post where he rips Derek for devaluating Sirmon because of a high school rivalry. (I still love DDY/FuckRobot for what it's worth).

Stubborn arrogance. I can’t imagine thinking a Hudl film validates my opinion against a guy that had seen Sirmon play in person multiple times.
    The thing about Sirmon for me was that it was always about getting someone with very obvious arm talent into the picture and trying to develop the skills.

The reason I was pretty against the whole idea that 6 INTs in a high school game guaranteed a bust is because it assumes that players won’t grow and improve.

I’ve been pretty vocal over the years that the reason you develop high end players over and over is because busts happen and by creating competition you do your best to ensure a good player emerges

Hang on there, Sparky. I never guaranteed he was going to be a bust, and I never said my opinion was based on one game with six interceptions. I saw him play four games, and I saw various red flags in each of them. I said something like there should be deep concerns about him, especially the way he was handling adversity and having a meltdown in the huddle. When the mental pressure was on, he was overthrowing everybody by five feet. Other people, not you, were accusing me of rooting against Sirmon but that wasn't true either. I was just explaining what I saw and the hunches I had.
    I've never really understood what the beef was until now. I don't live on the main bored like I did from 2013-2015 though.
    Manufactured beef
    Poor substitute for the real thing.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Manufactured beef
    Pretty much
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

haie said:

This is wonderful but I'm still waiting on doing our extended pod on the sociodemographic of the former WIAA 3A Northwest League.

I got my fucking ass kicked by one of those Jake Locker Ferndale teams when he was an underclassman. He just handed it off to the rb for 6 yards a carry while I watched at corner, but still.

They viewed us as the pussy rich kid school with artificial turf and soft players, and they were right. I always wondered what the rest of their league was like, because we always played Olympia teams in the playoffs.

So even the OL brothers are a great get because of that school's rep. Well, hopefully we get the younger brother.
    This is mostly for me and @JoeEDangerously but here's what the other teams in Locker's league were like, at least when he was there with a Pac-12 comparison.

Lynden - Large, Dutch farm kids who punished you but weren't mean. Hot blonde girls. Stanford, when they were good.
    Bellingham - White gangsters with a few minorities sprinkled in. Oregon.
    Squalicum - Soft rich kids terrible at football. Stanford, when they're bad.
    Sehome - Pre-Rapp was actually tough. Never remarkable but always had one really big kid and one really fast kid. Cal.
    Sedro-Woolley - Inbreds. Almost never good. Wait till wrestling season. Wait...no one cares. Oregon State.
    Burlington - Farm kids but also kind of preppy and weirdly standoffish and arrogant, but were always sneaky good, but never made sense given they weren't big, fast, or tough. Utah, when they're good.
    Anacortes - Disinterested semi-rich kids with old parents. A few old fishing family tough kids. Washington.
    Mount Vernon (they went 4A during Locker's years but still) - Most kind of down the line Americana down the middle and big. Should have been pretty good but were always kind of soft. UCLA.

Ferndale - Hard ass factory, refinery and farming kids whose families I assume couldn't afford to live in Bellingham and weren't clean cut enough for Lynden. Ohio State.
    Great poast. Great poaster.