Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac-12 to leave San Francisco Headquarters

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club
Pac-12 to leave San Francisco headquarters
By Mike Vorel

The Pac-12 Conference announced Tuesday that it plans to forego its permanent headquarters in San Francisco in favor of “an ongoing flexible and remote work environment to best support Pac-12 staff and deliver more revenue back to member universities to support student-athletes,” according to a release.

The conference will also relocate its broadcast and content operations to a new production facility when its current lease expires in June 2023. The location for the new facility has yet to be determined.

“The Pac-12 is committed to best supporting our employees by providing a work environment that accommodates today’s modern world and gives our employees maximum flexibility to live and work where they want, while still fostering collaboration among staff and our valued member institutions,” Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff said in a statement.

“We are also committed to ongoing best-in-class production of Pac-12 events. We are excited for what this new remote and flexible work environment can do to support our employees, and for the new ways it will allow for us to reinvest in our member universities so that they can best support student-athletes.”

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Next, football games will be aired through home video.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,727 Standard Supporter

DM to Commissioner Kliavkoff -

Please don't pinkslip tasty Ashley Adamson. She's the only thing Larry fucking Scott ever got right.

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 829 Founders Club
    I'd say move HQ to Vegas, but man, that place has really gone to shit since COVID. Folks I know who've gone there for years come back saying it's a shithole. Maybe the Phoenix area is the place to move it. I wouldn't mind a long weekend in Scottsdale while checking out a tournament.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,246
    TXDawg said:

I'd say move HQ to Vegas, but man, that place has really gone to shit since COVID. Folks I know who've gone there for years come back saying it's a shithole. Maybe the Phoenix area is the place to move it. I wouldn't mind a long weekend in Scottsdale while checking out a tournament.

Stick it in LA. It has the flagship schools for football and basketball (historically). The conference needs USC and UCLA to be great again to be relevant on the national scene. Make the cash run through LA and take advantage of all that's available in that market.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club

TXDawg said:

Stick it in LA. It has the flagship schools for football and basketball (historically). The conference needs USC and UCLA to be great again to be relevant on the national scene. Make the cash run through LA and take advantage of all that's available in that market.
    Or stick it in Eugene and watch the remaining Husky fans lose their shit
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

TXDawg said:

Or stick it in Eugene and watch the remaining Husky fans lose their shit
    Phil's last play before selling the couch?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
    TXDawg said:

Vegas is a shithole I'm glad I got the fuck outta there
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,363 Swaye's Wigwam

TXDawg said:

Yeah but how about the Pac-12 embraces gambling and brings in that gambling money somehow? About the only power play the conference might have at this point.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club

TXDawg said:

I thought you lived in the Netherlands