Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lol @ Montlake Futures

You’re not poor. Stop acting like it.

Comments

• Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 462
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thought you had some insider info on montlake futures. Is it just a name or is there any coherent plan attached?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Thought you had some insider info on montlake futures. Is it just a name or is there any coherent plan attached?

They want to do it in an “ethical” manner! They actually want to connect kids with companies which is awesome. But they aren’t doing the other shadier shit like setting up shell companies to funnel booster money.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Embarrassing

I see the person heading this up finally got rid of the duck shit on her Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kjramming?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Why can't they go ABUNDANCE for connections to real companies AND shell companies to get the best of both worlds. Can they not walk and chew gum at the same time?
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Serious question what is Karen Rammings role her Twitter has minimal UW material. She gets a lot of flaack on this board but what is her job?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    She cant do social media better than you or I can do.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    We are screwed if she is in charge. She graduated from Oregon not UW. That is probably why she had so much duck stuff on her twitter.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hey, if they were going to be serious players they would have spent a shit load getting a top coach plus staff and would now be rolling out the barrel for new recruits… this is the kinder gentler update on the classy 2nd tier program that PTA moms can be proud of
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I heard a segment on the radio last week where it was being touted that UW is paying athletes for getting some form of good grades. Apparently only Oregon and Colorado are the only other PAC schools also doing this at the moment.

The money amounts to a whopping $6,000 a year per athlete.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ATLDawg said:

Serious question what is Karen Rammings role her Twitter has minimal UW material. She gets a lot of flaack on this board but what is her job?

lulz, her email address.
  • Options
    MaceothecatMaceothecat Member Posts: 47
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

I heard a segment on the radio last week where it was being touted that UW is paying athletes for getting some form of good grades. Apparently only Oregon and Colorado are the only other PAC schools also doing this at the moment.

for the vast majority of athletes, that is a lot of money that they wouldn't be getting otherwise.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

for the vast majority of athletes, that is a lot of money that they wouldn't be getting otherwise.
    That's a reasonable point. That shit absolutely should be going on...in the background. Of course there should be programs that can help all athletes. What the public and the fan base need to hear about is something a little bigger though. Maybe a sign that UW is willing to jump in the game and start attracting high profile talent again would create a little momentum. Right now there is nothing but a sense of surrender.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

That's a reasonable point. That shit absolutely should be going on...in the background. Of course there should be programs that can help all athletes. What the public and the fan base need to hear about is something a little bigger though. Maybe a sign that UW is willing to jump in the game and start attracting high profile talent again would create a little momentum. Right now there is nothing but a sense of surrender.
    Surrender is a good word to describe the feeling w/ recruiting and UW and what they are willing to do (and imo can't do b/c money and interest doesn't appear to be out there) with NIL. I think of inevitability when it describes where UW football appears to be going in the world of CFB but outside the 3 NY6 bowls maybe we've been there for the last 20 plus years and was in denial and didn't realize it.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 462
    Wasn’t Jen known as a fundraiser exemplar in her previous role for uw? Somehow she isn’t able to now rally the Seattle money to help with nil now? Or her personal philosophy regarding using money as a recruiting tool is getting in the way? This is actually something she should be good at and understand how to implement it as an advantage to uw.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wasn’t Jen known as a fundraiser exemplar in her previous role for uw? Somehow she isn’t able to now rally the Seattle money to help with nil now? Or her personal philosophy regarding using money as a recruiting tool is getting in the way? This is actually something she should be good at and understand how to implement it as an advantage to uw.

I dont think there's any doubt that UW is trying to follow some notion of the high road when it comes to using money as a recruiting tool. They're presenting the same opportunities to 5* football recruits that they present to swimmers and rowers and other losers. Someone has to figure out how to set up big paydays for football recruits that the U is willing to look the other way on. It's taking some time, if it even exists.

That's my extreme outsider, know jack shit aside from what i learn on Hardcore Husky, read of the situation.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It's nowhere close to competing with schools that are serious about winning, is my point. That petty cash might sound good to our ignored 3-star recruits, though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's nowhere close to competing with schools that are serious about winning, is my point. That petty cash might sound good to our ignored 3-star recruits, though.
    The fact that they're only seeking publicity for the all inclusive portion of NIL is one of the things hurting football program. Even if something exists in the background that is going to eventually put UW on equal footing in terms of paying recruits, the perception is that he petty cash stuff that all athletes can tap into is all that is going on. Nobody being recruited by schools willing to spend real money is even considering UW.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344

1k will probably get you a pretty good gpa from the tutors. 5k profit, no work, nice.