Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Uncomfortable Truth Bomb

Comments

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,354
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2022
    Yup, we were keeping terrorists out and being the world's policeman. Still doesn't make what Russia is doing right.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

Yup, we were keeping terrorists out and being the world's policeman. Still doesn't make what Russia is doing right.

What we were doing wasn't all benevolent. For example, it's clear looking back that we went into Iraq because Sadaam was threatening to sell oil on a system other than the USD. But at the time I bought the propaganda and supported the war.
  • Options
    We also got thousands of jihadis to attack us in Iraq instead of here. It was worth it from that aspect alone.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Goduckies said:

I remember how those interventions resulted in annexed territory for the US, not. Last major US territorial annexation was the Spanish-American War in the 1800s. But for a leftard, things never change. Republicans ended slavery, but somehow the dems are the good guys with the original Jim Crow 1.0.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

What we were doing wasn't all benevolent. For example, it's clear looking back that we went into Iraq because Sadaam was threatening to sell oil on a system other than the USD. But at the time I bought the propaganda and supported the war.
    There's no way you can look at what we and the Europeans did in Libya and be proud of it. Libya is now a completely failed state with slavery and terroism and misery and we don't even talk about it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

We also got thousands of jihadis to attack us in Iraq instead of here. It was worth it from that aspect alone.

That's speculative. You might be right, you might not.

If America was being occupied, many Americans would be fighting that otherwise would not
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    It 100% happened al qaeda in Iraq, etc... way better to use the military to kill them over there than the worthless fbi here.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Goduckies said:

It 100% happened al qaeda in Iraq, etc... way better to use the military to kill them over there than the worthless fbi here.

Agreed, we probably did kill a lot of Jihadis there, but Stalin is right, how many did we create? And Sadaam was already pretty good at killing Jihadis. We created a bigger mess by removing him. And I too say this as someone who support the war. Our interventions haven't been good. They've cost us trillions and they've left the countries we invaded worse off. Nation building in Afghanistan and Iraq were complete cluster fucks.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

If America was being occupied, many Americans would be fighting that otherwise would not
    The problem in Iraq and Afghanistan is that there was no mission other than the neocons delusion that muslim goat herders were longing for western civilization and democracy. They weren't. Kamal Ataturk brutally westernized Turkey in similar fashion that Peter the Great westernized Russia. When you decide not to defeat (kill) your enemy on the battlefield and allow the enemy to be resupplied without any punishment from Iran and Pakistan, you are just holding limited territory and taking casualties with no offsetting strategic gains.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Goduckies said:

The problem in Iraq and Afghanistan is that there was no mission other than the neocons delusion that muslim goat herders were longing for western civilization and democracy. They weren't. Kamal Ataturk brutally westernized Turkey in similar fashion that Peter the Great westernized Russia. When you decide not to defeat (kill) your enemy on the battlefield and allow the enemy to be resupplied without any punishment from Iran and Pakistan, you are just holding limited territory and taking casualties with no offsetting strategic gains.
    I've become jaded to the point that I think making money became the primary motive after a few years passed
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Agreed, we probably did kill a lot of Jihadis there, but Stalin is right, how many did we create? And Sadaam was already pretty good at killing Jihadis. We created a bigger mess by removing him. And I too say this as someone who support the war. Our interventions haven't been good. They've cost us trillions and they've left the countries we invaded worse off. Nation building in Afghanistan and Iraq were complete cluster fucks.
    Just because we failed at rebuilding after taking out the scum doesn't mean it was wrong. How many more attackis in the US happen if we don't... that's all I care about.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2022
    Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Just because we failed at rebuilding after taking out the scum doesn't mean it was wrong. How many more attackis in the US happen if we don't... that's all I care about.
    We could have eliminated the threat in Afghanistan and left, with the promise that if we had to return we'd kill even more of you next time. We weren't being attacked by Iraq nor by Libya.
  • Options
    Agree on Libya, Iraq, easier to ferret them out on flat land and also able to nation build a democracy in the region... failed somewhat at the latter.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Again, that's speculative. It helps us to feel better by leaning on that thought. But we'll agree to disagree.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was all in and all in longer than most. I wanted democracy in the middle east. I voted GOP for president for the first time ever in 2004 to support W

It was stupid because no one wins wars anymore. Its just weapon sales and death and dick measuring. Obama was against the wars and they continued for his 8 years. Its a sham and a mockery

The world has noticed the hypocrisy of the West in lecturing Russia even if the American media is ignoring it
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump went after Jeb and then W and then the Bush cabal early and often for a reason and it worked

Its why he had to be destroyed by any means necessary so some brain dead puppet can get us back to business as usual
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    When your mission isn't winning (killing the enemy until they are defeated) and then you are just holding some territory while taking casualties. Then if you are allowing in unlimited weapons and supplies from Iran and Pakistan, you are never going to win. Pacifying non-westerners takes some large amount of brutality like Ataturk against the Turks or Peter the Great against the Russians. Waving a LBGT flag isn't a recipe for winning against radical muslims.

Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Again, that's speculative. It helps us to feel better by leaning on that thought. But we'll agree to disagree.