Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which is the Best Music App?

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
So Sirius XM is bugging me to pay after 9 months of free listening - being a cheap bastard I can just add an app to my phone or to the truck (I have internet in the rolling house that the truck is connected to when traveling)

So what does everyone else use?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,055
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I just paid for another year of Sirius after having it free for 12 months with my car purchase. It's $7 a month now and I think would jump to $17 in another year. Not really the same type of thing as Spotify or the other music streaming apps, IMO.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,741
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blue tooth and my library of music on the Amazon player

Not a big podcast guy other than being a legend

Before Joe Rogan there was @iDawg
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blue tooth and my library of music on the Amazon player

Not a big podcast guy other than being a legend

Before Joe Rogan there was @iDawg

@RaceBannon and @iDawg I think was one of the first podcasts of any form I ever listened to.

I'm just so used to Spotify and have a crap ton of play lists created there. Their algorithms have learned me a lot of great deep tracks over the year.

I tried Qobuz for a bit too and they have files for most albums which are higher rez than CD. If I was going to stream music into my hi fi gear (I don't) I'd use them.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,741
    Swaye's Wigwam

I had no idea when he brought it up
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,961
    edited March 2022
    You sound poor. (Harvey Road voice) Why not all ofSirius and Spotify and Amazon/Apple?

The Throbber has all of the above. Pretty sure Mrs. Throbber v2.0 has both Amazon and Spotify. I don't nickle and dime her purchases. Fights over money = no sexy time.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The reason I hate Sirius is they play the same fucking songs over and over. MrsIamnotinLebam will listen to 70's tunes - so in less than a year I have listened to (and most of the time not the entire song) Kung Fu fighting, WRKP in Cincinnati, Penis Colada song more than I ever had in the 70s. Sirius has 200 songs on 8 hour replay and they expect me to pay $23 a month. I refuse to pay Howard Stern's $20 million salary.

There, my rant is over. Plus I only listen to 6 channels at most.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,267
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have Sirius after new car purchase (will not pay for sub), and listen to about 5 channels...Underground Garage, Bob Marley, Deep Tracks, and MLB Radio. The one I find myself listening to more and more is the Grateful Dead channel, because it brings a sense of calm over me when I feel the urge to play bumper-cars with the ever-growing amount of complete fucking idiots on the road...after re-reading this, I should probably be driving a 74 Oldsmobile, in the left lane, 10 mph under the speed limit, with the blinker on...Boomer Revolt!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

The reason I hate Sirius is they play the same fucking songs over and over. MrsIamnotinLebam will listen to 70's tunes - so in less than a year I have listened to (and most of the time not the entire song) Kung Fu fighting, WRKP in Cincinnati, Penis Colada song more than I ever had in the 70s. Sirius has 200 songs on 8 hour replay and they expect me to pay $23 a month. I refuse to pay Howard Stern's $20 million salary.

My experiences with Sirius all come from one year trials on my work rigs that get replaced every few years. Truth is that I burn out on it every time and rarely listen to it after a couple of months. I use bluetooth or cds.

What you say is very true about all of the stations I've tried. I would scan through about five of them...The Beatles channel, Bob Marley, Deep Cuts, Octane, Ozzy's Boneyard (or something like that), and one classic rock station. Then Stern. You pretty much hear the same shit every time.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

I use Sirius only for talk radio and comedy. Very rarely for music. That's what the flash drive archives are for.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

For all you Sirius XM haters, Yacht Rock is the greatest single streaming channel out there and there will be no further debate about that fact.

I can confirm this. Reminds me - I need to revised my Yella yacht rock play list and post here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Willie's Roadhouse plays some good old time country, channels 6,7,8,9 all suck, Deep Tracks is OK but the Mrs hates it, the news channels really suck, who wants to listen to live TV on the radio?, sorry Purple and Yella, Yacht Rock after 10 songs sucks.

I am leaning to Spotify or dread the thought of using local radio reception as I travel around the USofA - I have loaded the Opry app and will try that one first.

btw this is my last 10 days in Texas - I am on the move again. Did you know it is always windy in Texas? Texans say it is just breezy, windy is when the flagpoles bend.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Willie's Roadhouse plays some good old time country, channels 6,7,8,9 all suck, Deep Tracks is OK but the Mrs hates it, the news channels really suck, who wants to listen to live TV on the radio?, sorry Purple and Yella, Yacht Rock after 10 songs sucks.

I am leaning to Spotify or dread the thought of using local radio reception as I travel around the USofA - I have loaded the Opry app and will try that one first.

btw this is my last 10 days in Texas - I am on the move again. Did you know it is always windy in Texas? Texans say it is just breezy, windy is when the flagpoles bend.

You’re just a goat roper, Texas hick Mabel. You wouldn’t understand the music of my people.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

You’re just a goat roper, Texas hick Mabel. You wouldn’t understand the music of my people.
    and?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

For all you Sirius XM haters, Yacht Rock is the greatest single streaming channel out there and there will be no further debate about that fact.

I can confirm this. Reminds me - I need to revised my Yella yacht rock play list and post here.
    Or how about a Yacht Rock Tournament
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    LebamDawg said:

Unless they’ve changed in Willie’s Roadhouse also plays shows from the Opry
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,011
    Founders Club

We should compare Yacht Rock playlists.

I pay for Spotify and Pandora. I use Pandora more but that’s mostly because I had it first and I don’t like change. And just last week I realized we have Amazon music as well.

What I really want is a music app that lets me build playlists using any streaming service. For example Garth Brooks is only on Amazon and I can create a playlist pulling his music from Amazon and someone else off of Pandora and then someone off of Spotify.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Christ. Gave this station a try yesterday and almost fell asleep at the wheel.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Spotify plus the Boom App. Nice power boost and EQ.