Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Grit-N-Grind Illustrated

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
...Scott Brooks fired at mid court...Mark Jackson fired at mid court...The Legend shown shaking his head multiple times in disgust in Atlanta...yes it's confirmed, Vogel fired at mid court...Steph Curry cries about Chris Paul playing defense...Blake Griffin just missed another free throw...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...

Memphis bears down, survives late OKC storm.

Russ Westbrook once again costs the Thunder a game. I'm convinced they'll never win a championship with him. He's clearly the problem.

Atlanta flies past Pacers

I'm hearing that Adam Silver has called this series due to incompetence and will advance the Bullets to the conference finals. JUST WHAT I'M HEARING.

LA clips GS in a real war

Draymond Green was the first player in a major conference to average 15 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assistssince Tim Duncan. Naturally,he went in the second round. Noted GM guru Sam Presti took Perry Jones III in the first. So, that's working out pretty well.

This went down to the wire with possible questionable calls going against the Warriors. But one has to wonder, what the hell is Steph Curry doing? He had taken 9 shots until a late barrage that almost stole the win. The suddenly pass first point guard collected an impressive 15 assists and his team was done until he started jacking up shots. Russell Westbrook raised one eyebrow and said "See?" after he cost his team the game by not passing to the on fire Kevin Durant more.

Blake Griffin. Blake Griffin. Blake Griffin. Wow, just wow. In the second quarter Griffin made back to back mid range bank shots. A clever tweet I saw someone make "Blake Griffin is to big to fail". I thought it was brilliant.

Until next time hoop heads.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...Tony Allen made a great play...Tony Allen made a horrible play...

Bastard. I almost woke up my wife laughing at that. Hilariously true. TA (ILTCHTA) is one crazy dude.

In the LA-GS game I didn't have a problem with the non call on Curry's last shot. I did think the call that Green fouled out on was probably a charge - very surprised it went against the home team.

I'm with you on Russell Westbrook. Hell of a player, but he seems to think he's Superman to Durant's Batman. If he ever realizes he's just Robin they could be so special. Thankfully, doesn't look like he will.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm actually being sarcastic about Westbrook. Durant was terrible tonight and Westbrook was the only reason that game went into OT. He does shoot to much but so does Durant. Kobe got killed for having games like Durant just did but Durant always gets a pass. I don't blame either of them though. The coach and GM need to go.
  • Options

I'm actually being sarcastic about Westbrook. Durant was terrible tonight and Westbrook was the only reason that game went into OT. He does shoot to much but so does Durant. Kobe got killed for having games like Durant just did but Durant always gets a pass. I don't blame either of them though. The coach and GM need to go.

Should have picked up on the sarcasam with the "not passing to the on fire Kevin Durant more".

Tony Allen owns Durant when it matters.

I thought Durant and Westbrook were equally mediocre tonight. Considering Durant spent more of the game with the superior defender on him, I'd still give him the nod for the superior performance, but you could argue for Westbrook since he at least hit a couple of threes. Neither one looked especially great.

I agree Brooks and Presti both need to go, but Clay Clay bears some blame too for his unwillingness to pay the luxury tax. If Harden's still around they beat Memphis last year, this series is probably 3-0 right now, and we may not have noticed how poor of a job Brooks and Presti have done.

BTW, I don't think Durant shoots too much. He wasn't tonight, but most nights he's as good of an offensive player as there is in the league. I'd get him 3-4 more shots a game if I was OKC, and I'd take at least 2 of them from Westbrook.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Durant is a more efficient scorer than Kobe ever was. He's shot over 50% the past two years. He's a better three point shooter too. He doesn't have Kobe's drive and will to win yet.

Regarding Westbrook, the conversation is pointless until they improve the role players. I get the criticism, but I don't think it's that accurate. What PG do you think OKC is winning the title with? I don't think things would be much different with Paul, Parker, or Curry. The team would still have some problems.

Westbrook missed half the season and had minutes restrictions right up until the playoffs started. These guys are also young. If they improve the team around the two stars and get a new coach, they can still rattle off a few championships. They still could win this series and make a playoff run. Durant will continue to be great for years. Westbrook can keep becoming a better PG. Ibaka has really improved and is only 24. Maybe he can develop a post game. Jackson is in his 3rd year and looked like a nice piece, Lamb had a decent year before getting yanked from the rotation. They have Perkins expiring contract and some young guys they can make some moves with.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    RE: Kevin Durant.

I'm a huge fan of Durants but I feel like he often receives a free pass. I look at the scrutiny that Lebron took and Durant receives 1/1000000th of that.

Durant is now in his 7th season which is where Lebron was at in 2010. By that point Lebron was being labeled a choke artist and a guy who can't win a ring.

Also interesting to note that Kevin Durant is 1-4 in games where he is facing elimination.

My whole point in all this that Durant shouldn't face heat but those who were shitting on Lebron in Cleveland perhaps will finally realize they were being a bit too harsh on him.

If anything Durant should face more heat since he's always had a Westbrook and for three of those postseasons he also had James Harden. While Lebron had Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, etc.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the first year where it's even a little relevant to criticize Durant. I still won't. He's got a couple more years before the heat is really turned up.

Westbrook got hurt last year and the year before they made the finals, but ran into LeBron and the Heat. The years before that they were a little young. Next year, Westbrook and Durant will be 26 and Ibaka will be 25. This is still a young team capable of ringing up championships.
  • Options
    Getting on Durant is dumb as was getting on Lebron.

If these guys are ring less in their 30's flame away but we are too quick to write a guys legacy today.

MJ had to wait so did Shaq and so did Lebron. Durant will rack up titles I just hope it's not in OKC.
  • Options

I'm a huge fan of Durants but I feel like he often receives a free pass. I look at the scrutiny that Lebron took and Durant receives 1/1000000th of that.

Durant is now in his 7th season which is where Lebron was at in 2010. By that point Lebron was being labeled a choke artist and a guy who can't win a ring.

Also interesting to note that Kevin Durant is 1-4 in games where he is facing elimination.

My whole point in all this that Durant shouldn't face heat but those who were shitting on Lebron in Cleveland perhaps will finally realize they were being a bit too harsh on him.

If anything Durant should face more heat since he's always had a Westbrook and for three of those postseasons he also had James Harden. While Lebron had Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, etc.

IMALOSER (rip) was ahead of his time. Dude constantly ripped Durant during and after his rookie season. Swore the dude wasn't any good, referenced his 40%ish shooting percentage as evidence, said we were lucky the Sonics moved and Durant would never amount to anything.

• Options
    dnc said:

IMALOSER (rip) was ahead of his time. Dude constantly ripped Durant during and after his rookie season. Swore the dude wasn't any good, referenced his 40%ish shooting percentage as evidence, said we were lucky the Sonics moved and Durant would never amount to anything.

Damn that is worse than any of his ball gargling he did for Sark.

Was IMALOSER his handle on Doogman or did he have a different one?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

dnc said:

Damn that is worse than any of his ball gargling he did for Sark.

Was IMALOSER his handle on Doogman or did he have a different one?
    he embraced the life of abundance