Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tracy McGrady playing baseball?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/tracy-mcgrady-makes-sugar-land-skeeters-opening-day-roster-000825378.html

He's only 34 how is he still not in the league? He should be a role player. You telling me he couldn't be on OKC?!!

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Guy has been a quitter his whole career...from his college commitment to Toronto to Houston...now this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

Guy has been a quitter his whole career...from his college commitment to Toronto to Houston...now this.

Yea the how isn't he in the league is more a how did he allow himself to be out of the league at 34? I understand why he isn't as he hasn't shown anything in forever.

Hopefully Melo goes to the right situation this off season as his career is going down a similar path.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Yea the how isn't he in the league is more a how did he allow himself to be out of the league at 34? I understand why he isn't as he hasn't shown anything in forever.

Hopefully Melo goes to the right situation this off season as his career is going down a similar path.
    He's probably not in the league because some guys like him have trouble accepting being a role player. His health diminished to the point where that's all he could be. You raise a good point though. He should be better than Caron Butler.

Melo needs to go to the Bulls. There couldn't be a better fit. He needs to take the shit that Phil Jackson will talk if he leaves and ditch the Knicks. It's not happening there.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

A lot of strong opinions.....I must be wayyyy off base then. Apologies to all the TMac fans on here.

Now back to the reason he's playing beisbol....not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

dnc said:

A lot of strong opinions.....I must be wayyyy off base then. Apologies to all the TMac fans on here.

Now back to the reason he's playing beisbol....not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm not a T-Mac fan at all but someone of his talent shouldn't have flamed out by the age of 28.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html

Career just fell off a cliff.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I was under the impression that T-Mac had that Brandon Roy knee. Seems weird that he can play baseball though. He was on the Spurs last year but only played in garbage time.