Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hawt Combine Talk

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,363 Swaye's Wigwam
I noticed a huge absence of NFL Combine talk last week so here's my thawts...let's get some talk going. Also Cuogs, we're not talking about this kind of combine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo

Actually, Cougs, Lucas and Watson were good at the Combine. But Huskies...

-Kyler Gordon was slow in the 40 but I never remember him being sold as a straight line speed guy, instead an outrageous agility jumping guy which is how I thought he played.
-McDuffie was plenty fast but has small arms, which makes sense, he always kind of had like a 10% midget feature look to me. Dude is straight polished though. Anyone not taking him because of the arms is dumb, especially because I feel like him being a bit more compact actually weirdly gives him a little pop in run defense.
-Wattenberg - eh
-Otton - nothing remarkable. He has the look of a guy who can be an NFL tight end though and he may have just been torpedoed by the awful 2021 season and Morris.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I noticed a huge absence of NFL Combine talk last week so here's my thawts...let's get some talk going. Also Cuogs, we're not talking about this kind of combine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo

Actually, Cougs, Lucas and Watson were good at the Combine. But Huskies...

-Kyler Gordon was slow in the 40 but I never remember him being sold as a straight line speed guy, instead an outrageous agility jumping guy which is how I thought he played.
    -McDuffie was plenty fast but has small arms, which makes sense, he always kind of had like a 10% midget feature look to me. Dude is straight polished though. Anyone not taking him because of the arms is dumb, especially because I feel like him being a bit more compact actually weirdly gives him a little pop in run defense.
    -Wattenberg - eh
    -Otton - nothing remarkable. He has the look of a guy who can be an NFL tight end though and he may have just been torpedoed by the awful 2021 season and Morris.

McDuffie had like interviews with 20+ teams. His tape don’t lie, he should be a day one pick
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gordon didn't hurt himself with a 4.52. Marcus Peters and Byron Murphy both ran over 4.5. It's good enough too solidify his standing. If he was over 4.6 I suppose he'd drop a round or so, but 4.52 just means they look at on field stuff more instead of jerking off over a fast 40. That will only help both guys from UW.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Gordon didn't hurt himself with a 4.52. Marcus Peters and Byron Murphy both ran over 4.5. It's good enough too solidify his standing. If he was over 4.6 I suppose he'd drop a round or so, but 4.52 just means they look at on field stuff more instead of jerking off over a fast 40. That will only help both guys from UW.

Yeah I thought the internet was overreacting to it a bit but I guess that's what the internet does best.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club

I'm hearing the Jets are interested in Van Nostrom

Makes sense for to take the best player available when they pick. He might be a reach at 4th overall but the Jets should use the 10th pick courtesy of Seattle to grab him.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,975 Founders Club

I'm hearing the Jets are interested in Van Nostrom

I’m hearing they weren’t happy when he no showed the interview
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    McDuffie will likely be a very solid hybrid CB that can play both inside/outside depending on matchups … his biggest NFL weakness will be going against physical freaks

Gordon to me is a 2nd round pick (probably in the 40-55 range) … his athletic upside isn’t in the traditional evaluations and he’s going to probably have a pretty decent but not spectacular 8-10 year career

Otton will be a really interesting pick to me depending on where he goes and how used … if used in a manner comparable to how Dallas uses Dalton Schultz he could be really good

Watts burg is a depth to practice squad player … he does some things well and others less well
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    These guys were all okay with 4-8.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I don't know. I never felt any of these Combine guys were guys who quit or lacked effort. Even if just for themselves, I think they all knew they needed to play their best for NFL scouts.

Players who decided to transfer to Oregon or lesser programs. Different story.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I don't know. I never felt any of these Combine guys were guys who quit or lacked effort. Even if just for themselves, I think they all knew they needed to play their best for NFL scouts.

Players who decided to transfer to Oregon or lesser programs. Different story.
    They gave effort.

But it's like all the leadership graduated with Molden, to me anyways.