Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trailblazer Illustrated- In your face! edition

Kevin McHale fired at mid court...Steve Clifford fired at mid court...Greg Popovich fired...wait I thought we fired this guy last year after game 6?...Kerr to the Knicks...The Legend to coach Indiana in game 3...Vogel to coach Houston in game 3...Jordan to become first player/coach/owner in game 3...this is just what I'm hearing...not predictions...

Houston, we have a problem

Frank Caliendo couldn't even do a Dirk impression that good. Lamarcus Aldridge for the first time in his career had back to back 40 point games and my Portlandia Trailblazers jumped out to a 2-0 lead on James Haren and the Houston Rockets. Twitter was a buzz with Dwight Howards first half performance. Never mind that it was tied. Never mind that Aldridge pretty much matched him bucket for bucket. DWIGHTS SO GREAT! HES SHUTTING UP THE HATERS! WHAT A PERFORMANCE! And then it stopped. Because it always stops with D-white. Because, as anyone that watches the NBA knows, Dwight ain't that dude. Lamarcus Aldridge, apparently, is though?

Now, some of you wanted to doubt this team during the regular season. Some of you didn't want to jump on the bandwagon. Well, now it's to late. No room. Sorry.

We're headed back to Portland with a 2-0 lead that only a team from Seattle could blow. I'll be there if anyone wants to come say hi. Section F, Row U. I'll be the guy in the Qyntel Woods jersey.

Miami Thrice

Sadly, there were no injuries to Lebron, Wade or Bosh.

Mavericks prove to be spur in San Antonios heel

I did not watch this game.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I tried telling you guys this team was better than the 1996 Sonics.

What do all the Nega Blazers have to say now?! ROFL.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sven's blazers are looking good.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yes the blazers deserve credit but this has a lot to do with Houston, specifically harden and howars
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,500
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Team is playing with feces in their throats, what else can you say?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

Yes the blazers deserve credit but this has a lot to do with Houston, specifically harden and howars

This is true.

Picking against Howard in the playoffs is almost as easy as picking against Eldrick in the majors.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Harden is a bitch. Plays no defense and flops all over the place. I especially hate when he just drives at the basket in out of control fashion, loses the ball as if on purpose and acts like he got hacked.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yup I was completely wrong in this series. Portland is clearly the better team. The Rockets are soft as fuck. Dwight is good sometimes but he is also a certified bitch. Rubs off on the rest of the team. Only guy on that squad with any backbone is Patrick Beverly.

Portland could very well make it to the Western Conference Finals where they will lose to the Thunder or MY Clippers.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Harden is a bitch. Plays no defense and flops all over the place. I especially hate when he just drives at the basket in out of control fashion, loses the ball as if on purpose and acts like he got hacked.

Dwyane Wade won his first ring doing that shit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yup I was completely wrong in this series. Portland is clearly the better team. The Rockets are soft as fuck. Dwight is good sometimes but he is also a certified bitch. Rubs off on the rest of the team. Only guy on that squad with any backbone is Patrick Beverly.

Portland could very well make it to the Western Conference Finals where they will lose to the Thunder or MY Clippers.

I don't think you were completely wrong. The margin for error is small in the playoffs. Portland has needed two amazing games from DA to win. Houston sucks at defense, and Aldridge is a really good player, but he's not this good. He hit a lot of contested jumpers in game 2. Houston should have won game one too. The series is over because of Portland already taking two on the road, but these are pretty evenly matched teams.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don't think you were completely wrong. The margin for error is small in the playoffs. Portland has needed two amazing games from DA to win. Houston sucks at defense, and Aldridge is a really good player, but he's not this good. He hit a lot of contested jumpers in game 2. Houston should have won game one too. The series is over because of Portland already taking two on the road, but these are pretty evenly matched teams.
    DeMarcus Aldridge has always been one of my favorite classy ballers.

(RIP, @DeLarry)
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kevin McHale fired at mid court...Steve Clifford fired at mid court...Greg Popovich fired...wait I thought we fired this guy last year after game 6?...Kerr to the Knicks...The Legend to coach Indiana in game 3...Vogel to coach Houston in game 3...Jordan to become first player/coach/owner in game 3...this is just what I'm hearing...not predictions...

Frank Caliendo couldn't even do a Dirk impression that good. Lamarcus Aldridge for the first time in his career had back to back 40 point games and my Portlandia Trailblazers jumped out to a 2-0 lead on James Haren and the Houston Rockets. Twitter was a buzz with Dwight Howards first half performance. Never mind that it was tied. Never mind that Aldridge pretty much matched him bucket for bucket. DWIGHTS SO GREAT! HES SHUTTING UP THE HATERS! WHAT A PERFORMANCE! And then it stopped. Because it always stops with D-white. Because, as anyone that watches the NBA knows, Dwight ain't that dude. Lamarcus Aldridge, apparently, is though?

Now, some of you wanted to doubt this team during the regular season. Some of you didn't want to jump on the bandwagon. Well, now it's to late. No room. Sorry.

We're headed back to Portland with a 2-0 lead that only a team from Seattle could blow. I'll be there if anyone wants to come say hi. Section F, Row U. I'll be the guy in the Qyntel Woods jersey.

Miami Thrice

Miami Thrice

Good report.

Yet no mention of Hot Laker draft/trade talk. I want to be the first to know of the first steps of the impending, inevitable Laker revival.