Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just in case I'm not the only guy that didn't know

HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034
edited March 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
I was at the grocery store today and saw a guy wearing a shirt with a big W on the front. This was in Portland and seeing this isn't common so I said "Go Washington" as we passed in the isle.

Now the shirt was a shade of blue that could pass for purplish-blue in certain light so I didn't realize my error until the guy said "This is for Winnipeg".

I responded "Oh I thought it was a Husky shirt".

He said "Fuck no" and laughed.

I think it was an honest mistake... their colors remind me of Washington's colors during the Slick Rick years.

Just a public notice in case I'm not the only guy that didn't know.

Cool story, I know.

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188
    I am pretty sure our colors predate the WeeniePeg franchise.

Maybe they used some of our old hand me downs when they joined the Canadian semi pro league.

Okay. I googled it. UW was using purple and gold (later morphed to navy) in the 1920s. Winnepeg played its first game in the 1930s.

Makes sense. Dwag sense.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club

I was at the grocery store today and saw a guy wearing a shirt with a big W on the front. This was in Portland and seeing this isn't common so I said "Go Washington" as we passed in the isle.

Now the shirt was a shade of blue that could pass for purplish-blue in certain light so I didn't realize my error until the guy said "This is for Winnipeg".

I responded "Oh I thought it was a Husky shirt".

He said "Fuck no" and laughed.

I think it was an honest mistake... their colors remind me of Washington's colors during the Slick Rick years.

Just a public notice in case I'm not the only guy that didn't know.

Cool story, I know.

I prefer that to ours, frankly
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    Some color blind people like me can’t tell the difference between the good old days’ UW purple and navy.

I liked it that way.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    No one gives a fuck about the jets.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,555 Founders Club
    Basically our Alt jerseys

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    dflea said:

You should have punched in his stupid Canadian face.

FTG

The only appropriate response. From the wording of the post, it sounds like he meekly folded instead of telling this wayward canuck to fuck off and that no one gives a shit about his fucktarded CFL team that probably will no longer exist as a franchise in ten years. Some aggressive barking and chest beating would have been called for as well.

@HairyBallsDawg - if you're not willing to obnoxiously channel this place in your every day life, at the expense of any remaining personal dignity, then I think you should LEAVE.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Not sure I like all that celebrating. Doesn't look very OKGish.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034

dflea said:

FTG

The only appropriate response. From the wording of the post, it sounds like he meekly folded instead of telling this wayward canuck to fuck off and that no one gives a shit about his fucktarded CFL team that probably will no longer exist as a franchise in ten years. Some aggressive barking and chest beating would have been called for as well.

@HairyBallsDawg - if you're not willing to obnoxiously channel this place in your every day life, at the expense of any remaining personal dignity, then I think you should LEAVE.
    While I'm sure your fantasy probably seems great from the likes of a keyboard warrior such as yourself -- I probably should have mentioned that this guy didn't look at all like a fan and looked very much like a former player. A large one... maybe DL or OL.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

FTG

While I'm sure your fantasy probably seems great from the likes of a keyboard warrior such as yourself -- I probably should have mentioned that this guy didn't look at all like a fan and looked very much like a former player. A large one... maybe DL or OL.
    OK - so maybe punching in his face would have been a bad idea.

Maybe smash him in the back of his head with a can of baked beans or grapefruit juice after he turned his back?

I'm just spitballing now.