Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    The 85 Oklahoma State game was at night or late afternoon since it was early September. TBS I think

This Nebraska game was lit though

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,363 Swaye's Wigwam

I was there and it was fucking loud.

The energy from the crowd was unlike anything else. There was just this buzz from the crowd, leading up to kickoff, and it picked up after that and never let up.

#csb

When I was in high school my dad found a bunch of VHS tapes of old Husky games he taped. This one was the most electric to watch, even over the 92 Rose Bowl and All I Saw Was Purple games. You could just feel the energy on the screen.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,796 Founders Club

The 85 Oklahoma State game was at night or late afternoon since it was early September. TBS I think

I remember the 1985 game being mentioned as a night game, but like you mentioned, it was a late afternoon kickoff. I wasn't there. I just know as part of Googling my way to Husky football.

@puppylove_sugarsteel
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't think I've ever been in a louder stadium than when the safety happened. I believe that was the introduction of the Compton Quake.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club

That was a 5pm kickoff in early September. It felt exotic at the time though
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

Don't think I've ever been in a louder stadium than when the safety happened. I believe that was the introduction of the Compton Quake.

That was born in '91

I was there and it was fucking loud.

The energy from the crowd was unlike anything else. There was just this buzz from the crowd, leading up to kickoff, and it picked up after that and never let up.

#csb

It was like a four hour party
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,399

Okie State definitely a late, late afternoon / early evening start. Not PAC after dark- late, but it was dark at KO…
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    The only times I can really recall seeing "Husky Football" at Husky Stadium in the past 20 years were 2016 Stanford and maybe the field go to go ahead against USC in 2009.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

That was born in '91

You may be correct, you may not but Tommie said in the paper that when he fell face first on the ground celebrating, that was the Compton Quake.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club

I’ve posted this many times before, but even as a Husky fan, the Kralik TD is so fucking irritating.

Not me

Loved it

Fishpo31 said:

Okie State definitely a late, late afternoon / early evening start. Not PAC after dark- late, but it was dark at KO…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubThtJSDdEY
    Alexis said:

Alexis said:

That was born in '91

You may be correct, you may not but Tommie said in the paper that when he fell face first on the ground celebrating, that was the Compton Quake.
    In Sam Farmer's book Bitter Roses, he wrote about how the Compton Quake originated with Jaime Fields in 1991. During the Rose Bowl broadcast, you can see a player (I think it was Fields) come off the field after a big play, and Emtman runs out and starts doing the Compton Quake before they hugged.

The only times I can really recall seeing "Husky Football" at Husky Stadium in the past 20 years were 2016 Stanford and maybe the field go to go ahead against USC in 2009.

and perhaps James Johnson's TD reception to start the 2009 LSU game.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    edited March 2022
    Never to be experienced again. Seahawks are winning the fan recruitment and will continue to do soI unless there is a cosmic shift of both teams play. Not to mention the waning interest in college ball and that this next generation of Husky fans cheer with apathy while those old teams were wildly celebrated. 2016 vs Stanford will be the gold standard going forward.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    1992 Husky team was damn good and knew it. It took a 60+ yard FG for Oregon to get on the scoreboard. Final: Washington, 24-3 at Autzen Stadium.

Walked off the field. No celebrating. Another day at the office.

The Apple Cup: An entirely different story in the Snow Bowl in Pullman. A long drive home for the Husky faithful.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

Never to be experienced again. Seahawks are winning the fan recruitment and will continue to do soI unless there is a cosmic shift of both teams play. Not to mention the waning interest in college ball and that this next generation of Husky fans cheer with apathy while those old teams were wildly celebrated. 2016 vs Stanford will be the gold standard going forward.

Maybe. But I’m sensing a change in the hold the Seahawks have over Seattle sports fans. The golden days are gone. The team is slip-sliding into mediocrity and the fans are noticing. The noise level at Seahawks games isn’t close to what it was six or seven years ago.

Not saying this is good for UW because, with the current leadership, they’ll continue to fuck things up. But if UW were as interested in winning as Utah or Oregon, things could be a lot different locally in the next few years.

Opportunity will knock. Unfortunately, Karen Ramming is the only one home.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,615 Founders Club
    I think I went over to my brother's apartment to watch it. My parents didn't believe in cable in the early 90s. I was in 8th grade and after the Huskies being 7-4 most years when I was in elementary, this was cool.