Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I read it on the internet so it must be true

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,631
I'm curious what others think and also wonder how many players Elliot analyzed (at least 50 on each side of the ball would be the bare minimum for statistically significant):

"Defensive performance is much more highly correlated with star ratings than offensive performance is… it’s the same thing year after year,” said Elliot. “Star ratings are much better on defensive players than they are offensive players and — defensive coaches cover your ears real quick because you’re going to hate to hear this — but that means you can do more like controlling your own destiny on the offensive side of the ball with coaching. Mike Leach’s offenses outperform their recruiting ranking, his defenses do not. We see this pretty consistently across the sport.

“I think DeBoer is a really, really good offensive coach. I think he’s going to bring some excitement into that program, I think his quarterback development will help them be competitive in that division year after year. If they are able to recruit better on the defensive side of the ball maybe they’ll even be able to make some noise there in that division and win the thing.”

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-football-coach-Kalen-DeBoer-gets-grade-from-Cover-3-Podcast-182926063/

Comments